This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Android 10 yet and its already mid December

Not applicable
I honestly don't know what Asus is thinking and doing with the ROG Phone 2 as their Asus 5z also got android 10 update as well as the 6Z also got it but this is very shameful that the ROG phone 2 is left behind where all the competition has rolled out android 10 to their flagships but Asus is sleeping somewhere.
If we can't get updates on time then what's the meaning of flagships and investment so much of money into a specific device where we have many options in competition where we feel cheated as customer that we are left behind for updates.
29 REPLIES 29

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Android made by Google
Android modified to work with ROG Phone features
More features and accessories, longer the wait
We signed up for this when we bought the device.
Simple as that.

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I use my ROG Phone to play games. I use the Pixel 2 XL for everything else.

A gaming phone should value stability over anything else. Sticking with older Android versions offers the best performance. Pretty much every major Android emulator defaults to Android 5 for that reason alone.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Since we are on the updates topic, I would like to know policy of security updates from Asus side. One of the YouTuber stated that ROG phone 2 will get bimonthly security patches, which doesn't seem to be happening on time. Can mods clarify this?
How long will ROG phone 2 get security updates?
How many Android updates will it get?
Will security updates be bimonthly or monthly?

duy_h_vu
Rising Star I
Yeah rather stable update than fast buggy ones. I'll actually wait and see if ppl complaint about any bugs before let the phone update. Learned my lesson on the .44 fw. Should have stay .35

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
kchinnavigneshraja

Since we are on the updates topic, I would like to know policy of security updates from Asus side. One of the YouTuber stated that ROG phone 2 will get bimonthly security patches, which doesn't seem to be happening on time. Can mods clarify this?

How long will ROG phone 2 get security updates?

How many Android updates will it get?

Will security updates be bimonthly or monthly?

View post
ROG Phone II will use Project Mainline just like ZenFone 6 which means that security updates are pushed out separately.
We wish we could update all phones to Android 10 in one go but we can't. If we had focused on ROG Phone II first, then all ZenFone 6 customers would have been angry or all ZenFone 5z if they had to wait.
Android 10 is coming so please relax, it's basically around the corner. The beta testing has just started and now we have to find and kill as many bugs as possible.
A lot of users thinks that when Google has released a new version of Android, then all we have to do is to add our wallpaper, some minor tweaks and we're done. This is so far from the truth. It still needs A LOT of work from a big software team before it can be realised. Even the Pixel phones doesn't use the same code as the one they release to manufacturers. Luckily we can reuse a lot of the code from ZenFone 6 in ROG phone II which means that it has already gone though some beta testing but new bugs will of course emerge since they are not identical.
Let's just hope that there are not too many bugs because the time frame is decided by when it's stable enough to be released