This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans for VOLTE on ROG Phone II

kkithoe47
Star III
So, I am one of those ROG Phone II owners (global version) and go figure, I do not have VOLTE on my phone as well. I've been reading up some posts and forums in regards to VOLTE. What I get from it all is that the option for VOLTE requires both parties (carrier and and phone software) to fulfill certain criteria and ASUS apparently have to get confirmation from carriers so that VOLTE can function. So here's the thing, I know that the ROG Phone II is capable of VOLTE. But I am not sure whether the feature is enabled or disabled in the ROM or its just that my carrier is not sending the information required (IMS registration) for VOLTE to be enabled on my phone.
One thing is for certain is that I know my carrier has VOLTE. So which is it? ROM side or Carrier side that needs to enable whether that needs to be enabled for it to work?
I have read someone actually succeeded in enabling VOLTE by forcefully enabling it (editing system level file and ADB sideload). Obviously doing so voids warranty but this also tells me that ASUS colud actually just enable the feature and that would be up to respective carriers' to support this feature. Can ASUS simply just leave VOLTE option on then?
17 REPLIES 17

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
So my local carrier says they are not blocking me or stopping me from using VoLTE in fact on their system the service is active....so question is...what now ? the phone may not be on their supported list but as long as the phone is capable of supporting VoLTE then it should be alright...that is what I was told now...after digging a bit more

kkithoe47
Star III
jetjosh92

So my local carrier says they are not blocking me or stopping me from using VoLTE in fact on their system the service is active....so question is...what now ? the phone may not be on their supported list but as long as the phone is capable of supporting VoLTE then it should be alright...that is what I was told now...after digging a bit more

View post
Yeah.. which is why it led me to open this thread in the first place. So who is needs to do what now? ASUS or carriers. Can't really tell if ASUS still needs to do something with the firmware to accept IMS registration or carriers really need to configure specific settings for each phone brands for it to work. If your carrier service is not pulling g your leg, then I would have to assume ASUS needs to put in some work to make this work too.

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
kkithoe47

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/33671#Comment_33671

Yeah.. which is why it led me to open this thread in the first place. So who is needs to do what now? ASUS or carriers. Can't really tell if ASUS still needs to do something with the firmware to accept IMS registration or carriers really need to configure specific settings for each phone brands for it to work. If your carrier service is not pulling g your leg, then I would have to assume ASUS needs to put in some work to make this work too.

View post
Well this is just what I think but I think Carriers who block the phone needs to do something on their end but for carriers like the one I am using, Asus needs to also accept the IMS registration but according to mods/employees here. They are also fighting the same battle as us and they are trying to get a green light for us. So lets just give them some support for this and be positive about it. I don't know much about all this but from all the digging both ends need to do something.
The reason why our carriers have a supported list is because they have gone into a partnership with a brand, for example Samsung so it is pretty straight forward since both ends are tied together. So all the customer has to do is to put in a sim card which has been VoLTE enabled.