cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Calling Screen [Annoy Screen]

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
This app is has more bugs than features. Bugs:
- Heads-up notification doesn't work(even if I enable it)
- Calling screen won't let me to go back to any other app while the phone is ringing.
- Display turns on automatically while on call even if I press power button to turn it off (option to turn off the proximity sensor doesn't work). To make it worse, the proximity sensor on this phone is not in the center.
58 REPLIES 58

_jis_
Zen Master III
However it will still react and turn the screen off - when you move it away from the ear.
Should be:
However it will still react and turn the screen on - when you move it away from the ear.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
So far I can deduce, the real root cause of the troubles are that the proximity sensor is inconsistent.

Not that power key does what it does. (Which also isnt Asus unique). As there seems to be very few use-cases where this function has a real benefit -> except to correct inconsistent proximity sensor limitations.

_jis_
Zen Master III
So far I can deduce, the real root cause of the troubles are that the proximity sensor is inconsistent.
That is true, but let's be honest with each other, I very much doubt that the problems with the proximity sensor will be solved (with all its limiting factors like location, sensitivity, ...), so ensuring a standard Power button behavior during call would be a quick and easy solution.

Alaudeen
Rising Star I
_jis_

That is true, but let's be honest with each other, I very much doubt that the problems with the proximity sensor will be solved (with all its limiting factors like location, sensitivity, ...), so ensuring a standard Power button behavior during call would be a quick and easy solution.

View post
I'm agree with this suggestion.

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
I have performed many tests with the proximity sensor during a call and I do not observe a malfunction. I think with certainty that there is some software problem. I tried to separate it from the face and the screen did not turn on, it has to move it from the ear but whenever it is close to any other part of the face the screen does not activate. The ignitions are random, even with the sensor correctly placed in the ear. I really believe that there is some kind of software interaction that causes this to work abnormally.