This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Trigger issue

nightsilvance
Star III
Experiencing some issue with my right air trigger. Button press is sometimes unresponsive and intermittent. Notice it after the latest firmware update. Sometimes the button press would "flicker" when I'm holding it down. Want to know if it's a software bug or hardware issue. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
314 REPLIES 314

Aliplaygames
Star II
Deleted duplicate

Aliplaygames
Star II
I got my ROG 2 on the 17th October. Had it for 8 days till the 24th evening when i got the update (the problem occured after playing for 30-60 minutes after the update, NOT right away after updating. After waiting allmost 2 weeks i got a NEW replacement phone with a physical defect (back glass not glued properly). Then on Nov 14 i got my 3rd replacement, that i updated with the same update (that presumably made the first units right trigger flicker) right away and had no issues. Also installed all the following updates after as they were available, still there were no problems. Today (Dec 1st) i got the latest update after which pressing the backside of the phone behind air triggers started activating them (as i seen someone mention in the earlyer comments), but the triggers still operate OK, not perfect, but good enough. 
Sometimes the flicker appears after holding the trigger for a long time, like holding an open scope. Or after the last update, when the trigger activates from touching the back glass, it takes a few seconds for the trigger to work properly pressing in the correct spot, something like adaptive presure sensing happens.

To me it looks like a technical issue of the pressure sensor being too delicate and sensitive to the poor accuracy of assembly or even freme desigh being too weak physicaly to support the pressure without deformating and causing pressure sensing issues. For example, i noticed quite diferent protuberance of the phone parts assembly (all 3 units had about 0.5mm of protrusion height diference of the backside plastic of the "ROG AERODYNAMIC SYSTEM when messuring from the back glass panel)". 

Hope not, but looks like all of us are going to visit repairs sooner than later.. Hope thats just the disapointment from the bad expirience, thats going to change.

Probably the best phone i ever had, but the trigger issue is frustrating as most of us would not have bought the phone, if not for the air triggers.

Thankyou for reading.

Sightrasher
Star I
I was going to buy this phone, so lucky I found on YouTube a video where a guy talks about this issue. So I did some Google searches and end up here and on similar threads on Reddit and XDA.
As everyone is getting this issue differently, it must be hardware issue and not software.
Will at least Ultimate version fix this? A gaming phone with unreliable triggers, bah...

Easoth
Star II
Aliplaygames

I got my ROG 2 on the 17th October. Had it for 8 days till the 24th evening when i got the update (the problem occured after playing for 30-60 minutes after the update, NOT right away after updating. After waiting allmost 2 weeks i got a NEW replacement phone with a physical defect (back glass not glued properly). Then on Nov 14 i got my 3rd replacement, that i updated with the same update (that presumably made the first units right trigger flicker) right away and had no issues. Also installed all the following updates after as they were available, still there were no problems. Today (Dec 1st) i got the latest update after which pressing the backside of the phone behind air triggers started activating them (as i seen someone mention in the earlyer comments), but the triggers still operate OK, not perfect, but good enough. 

Sometimes the flicker appears after holding the trigger for a long time, like holding an open scope. Or after the last update, when the trigger activates from touching the back glass, it takes a few seconds for the trigger to work properly pressing in the correct spot, something like adaptive presure sensing happens.

To me it looks like a technical issue of the pressure sensor being too delicate and sensitive to the poor accuracy of assembly or even freme desigh being too weak physicaly to support the pressure without deformating and causing pressure sensing issues. For example, i noticed quite diferent protuberance of the phone parts assembly (all 3 units had about 0.5mm of protrusion height diference of the backside plastic of the "ROG AERODYNAMIC SYSTEM when messuring from the back glass panel)". 

Hope not, but looks like all of us are going to visit repairs sooner than later.. Hope thats just the disapointment from the bad expirience, thats going to change.

Probably the best phone i ever had, but the trigger issue is frustrating as most of us would not have bought the phone, if not for the air triggers.

Thankyou for reading.

View post
I'm having the same issues, the back of the phone triggers the red air trigger.
You mentioned having the problem after the update.. does that mean it's a software issue?

OPC
Zen Master II
I would say Aliplaygames points in the right direction. That this might be the hardware issue. In my case everything works fine, with air triggers sensitivity put to +3 and fingers laying option active. It could be that I just have a perfectly assembled item. I am actually very satisfied with air triggers and everything else how the phone performs. I play Asphalt 9 several hours a day.