This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifespan will be only 18month?

Master
Star III
As I saw in a earlier post, Asus phone lifespan would be only 18 month.
I paid a thousand dollars for this phone and I really hope it will get updates for over 18month. I am pretty sure this phone has suffisent hardware for a good 3-4 years of OS update. But I still have to admit, as a Zenfone 3 user, the update are much more frequent. There is still place for improvement, but you are in the good way.
Screenshot_20191129-140719984 (1).jpg

7 REPLIES 7

wendingdelonghu
Star III
Master

As I saw in a earlier post, Asus phone lifespan would be only 18 month.

I paid a thousand dollars for this phone and I really hope it will get updates for over 18month. I am pretty sure this phone has suffisent hardware for a good 3-4 years of OS update. But I still have to admit, as a Zenfone 3 user, the update are much more frequent. There is still place for improvement, but you are in the good way.

AY0QLMOJZFON.jpg

Lifespan will be only 18month?
ROG 1 user here. Still waiting for Android Pie 🙂 FML

Master
Star III
wendingdelonghuo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13630/lifespan-will-be-only-18month

ROG 1 user here. Still waiting for Android Pie 🙂 FML

View post
Android pie is out for ROG 1 users. You may want to download the update manually instead of waiting for a automatic download (that can take weeks before you get it)

Matheus_sc
Rising Star I
Only iPhone have support of this time. For me 12 months is Enogh. After thar hardware is obsolete.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
The "life cycle" I mean refers to the beginning of the mobile phone to the end of production. Asus chairman once said that the mobile phone life cycle will be shortened in the future.
If you are asking about the "update cycle", it will probably be about two years. If there are more than two years of updates, there will only be "security updates", and the android version will not be updated.