cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery care doesn't work

Claymann3000
Star II
Hello there
So my problem is that my ROG Phone II battery care function doesn't work. This is the second time I charge my phone and tried to set period for charging over night. It wont work. Simply when I plug my phone to charger, hyper charge icon appeara and my phone charges crazy fast (been used to fast charge with previous phone from other manufacturer). So am I doing sth wrong here? Wanted to extend the batterys life span thus using battery care seems like great idea.
15 REPLIES 15

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Hello, I didn't check Battery care at first, but I monitored it after seeing this thread. I set my period 12:50AM to 9:30AM.
I saw it went up to 80% and stopped(1:51AM to 3:04AM), remaining 20% was charged from 3:39AM to 8:42AM, it is supposed to charge fully around 9:30AM. AccuBattery states 100% was reached at 8:42AM. Is this normal? I have a question here.
Will the phone fast charge the last 20% when nearing to scheduled end time or will it slowly keep charging the remaining 20% until it reaches the end time?
5L5ELH77NC27.jpg
Btw, the FAQs for Battery care is utter useless. No proper info available. Says somethings about "AI Charging". an option which even doesn't exist in the phone. Please suggest the documentation team to open their eyes and try to be minimum informative!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I agree the documentation could be better. It will fast charge, wait and fast charge again until some time before the specified time. When this is depends on how much time it has to charge. It sounds like it's working from the description you gave

Claymann3000
Star II
Hey guys
I contacted Asus technical service. Quite obvious advice to factory reset phone, which I done already. And quess what, when I deplated battery so the phone shut down by itself, then pluged in and power on, suddenly Power Master dtartet working, charging notification showed and scheduled charging works so ever. I mean it reaches 100% around 1h20min before scheduled time. Sth I can live with.

Ron999
Star I
I really wish there were an option to maintain the battery at a selected level (say 80%). Some of us leave the phone plugged in a lot of the time and simply do not need 100% battery most of the time. And keeping the battery at 100% for long periods will quickly degrade it.

julienvd93
Rising Star II
Ron999

I really wish there were an option to maintain the battery at a selected level (say 80%). Some of us leave the phone plugged in a lot of the time and simply do not need 100% battery most of the time. And keeping the battery at 100% for long periods will quickly degrade it.

View post
You can use battery manager for that. I set the Full charged time at 1 p.m. and charge it overnight. When i wake up, the phone was kept at 80% charge. Which is plenty to get through the day and potentially increases the lifetime expectancy with 120%-333%.
Source: https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
Table 4