This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery performance update

Subhendu
Rising Star I
Hello @asus Could you tell me when I. getting the update for battery drain problem .The rate battery is draining it's not feel like a 6000 mah though.
77 REPLIES 77

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
No problems for me after the last update, or any update before that. At the end of the day, i'm seeing no more than 5% Google Play Services usage and easily 5hrs SOT down to 65%.. Maybe you guys need to be more vigilant on what you use - eg GPS chews power, and also leaving wifi on (even if you're in a an area where you're using 4G, turn off Wifi as its constantly searching and also using Carrier Services.)..

Rajat_Kumar
Zen Master I
cheetah2k

No problems for me after the last update, or any update before that. At the end of the day, i'm seeing no more than 5% Google Play Services usage and easily 5hrs SOT down to 65%.. Maybe you guys need to be more vigilant on what you use - eg GPS chews power, and also leaving wifi on (even if you're in a an area where you're using 4G, turn off Wifi as its constantly searching and also using Carrier Services.)..

View post
Just curious what happens if we turn off carrier services.?

Conrad
Star I
I have to say I agree with this topic, my phone certainly doesn't feel like it has a 6000mAh battery under the hood.
I've haven't played any games, just reading Flipboard for a while in a dark room and it says I have 21hrs left of juice
edit i do have power saving mode on also 😕
4JG18Y3NPM3M.jpg

Jerrywan
Star II
Conrad

I have to say I agree with this topic, my phone certainly doesn't feel like it has a 6000mAh battery under the hood.

I've haven't played any games, just reading Flipboard for a while in a dark room and it says I have 21hrs left of juice

edit i do have power saving mode on also 😕

4JG18Y3NPM3M.jpg

View post
U should not trust the left hour stats. Its just give u a forecast base on ur current usage. I believe u can get 2days of battery without charge. Rule of thumb, from 100% to 90% or any other 10% drop of battery at any current battery level,u should get at least 1hr SOT per 10% drop.so that u can get overall SOT of 10hr. I can simply get 2hr per 10% drop if im not doing something heavy. With that 11hr of SOT is confirmed .

Jerrywan
Star II
Rajat Kumar

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/27381#Comment_27381

Just curious what happens if we turn off carrier services.?

View post
I turned it off.no problem. Mybe it lil help me improve my SOT.slightly but i cant guarantee. The carrier service is kind of setting inside the google SMS app which will help enable those carrier that are not suppport app like WhatsApp to be like a WhatsApp