This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no mic on call

mosimchah
Rising Star I
On the latest android 10 build (WW_17.1810.1910.68) the other side can't hear me on phone calls unless if I use a headset with a seperate mic, the built-in mic in the phone works though in the camera app and the recorder app, this is after a factory data reset and a reboot doesn't fix it, the same issue happens if I use the tmobile digits app instead of the asus dialer app by the way, I don't want to have to carry a headset with me at all times in order to be able to make a phone call
@Anders_ASUS

51 REPLIES 51

Yuntian
Star III
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/27731#Comment_27731

That's a much easier work around. So simply make a call then after the person answers toggle the speakerphone on then off again and it works? (Edit - yes it works and is much easier than the Bluetooth method)

View post
To be precise you can just call voice mail, turn on speaker, then hang up. I said turn on and off because I'm trying to not be annoying to other people around me, so I just do a quick double tap.

Zenfone6_Boy
Star III
Whether I call someone or someone calls me - I do not get any call audio through my 3.5mm headset. Toggling Speakerphone does not help. Toggling bluetooth does not help.
Phone recognizes that a 3.5mm headset has been plugged in, and like I said playing music or youtube audio works fine. It is solely call audio that does not work.
I am not on T-Mobile.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Zenfone6_Boy

Whether I call someone or someone calls me - I do not get any call audio through my 3.5mm headset. Toggling Speakerphone does not help. Toggling bluetooth does not help.

Phone recognizes that a 3.5mm headset has been plugged in, and like I said playing music or youtube audio works fine. It is solely call audio that does not work.

I am not on T-Mobile.

View post
But your speakers are fine? This might be a different issue.
What carrier are you on?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
@mosimchah @skylerwolfe
Ok, factory reset didn't resolve it. We're looking into it, I'll update this when I have a concrete answer for you.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Zenfone6_Boy

I am not on T-Mobile.

View post
I don't have 3.5 phones with me to test. I'd be curious to try:

Initiate call, uplug 3.5 then plug it back in.
Unplug 3.5 then initiate call and then plug them in.
Neither would be ideal but info would be interesting and might at least be an annoying work around. (Although I guess unplugging the 3.5 and using the phone alone would already qualify as an annoying work around if you're wanting to keep the 3.5 connected.)