This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot transfer files while using an aeroactive cooler 6.

ZuuGAKz
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: AI2201_C
Firmware Version: 32.2810.2210.220
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Aeroactive Cooler 6
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Cannot transfer files via usb on side-port while using an aeroactive cooler 6.
How do I use file transfer while the fan is installed?
It just only works on charging.
4 REPLIES 4

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ZuuGAKz

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: AI2201_C
  2. Firmware Version: 32.2810.2210.220
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Aeroactive Cooler 6

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Cannot transfer files via usb on side-port while using an aeroactive cooler 6.

How do I use file transfer while the fan is installed?

It just only works on charging.

Cannot transfer files while using an aeroactive cooler 6.
Unfortunately, the 2 AeroCooler 6 versions for ROG6/6D and ROG5/5S were designed by an engineer and/or marketing department who has never used a gaming smartphone or who is deeply retarded.
To answer your question, yes, the Aerocooler USB-C socket only transmits charging signals.
And since this nonsense was not enough, take note of the following points.
All functions of the lower USB-C socket are disabled when Aerocooler 6 is connected.
The two extreme cold modes of Aerocooler 6 require a rest period of 48 hours after sustained use.
All current 5 and 6 series firmwares are buggy, be extremely careful to connect it with a charged battery and do not disconnect it before the recognition procedure is complete because if unfortunately an Aeroccoler firmware update was detected and interrupted it will be unusable.

ZuuGAKz
Rising Star I
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/66428/cannot-transfer-files-while-using-an-aeroactive-cooler-...

Unfortunately, the 2 AeroCooler 6 versions for ROG6/6D and ROG5/5S were designed by an engineer and/or marketing department who has never used a gaming smartphone or who is deeply retarded.

To answer your question, yes, the Aerocooler USB-C socket only transmits charging signals.

And since this nonsense was not enough, take note of the following points.

All functions of the lower USB-C socket are disabled when Aerocooler 6 is connected.

The two extreme cold modes of Aerocooler 6 require a rest period of 48 hours after sustained use.

All current 5 and 6 series firmwares are buggy, be extremely careful to connect it with a charged battery and do not disconnect it before the recognition procedure is complete because if unfortunately an Aeroccoler firmware update was detected and interrupted it will be unusable.

View post
Yes i agree
At least please enable the functions of the bottom ports while using the Aeroactive Cooler 6.
I've been using ROG Phone from 2 to 6, all the time I always put the AeroActive Cooler and put my phone in my pocket. I don't like to take it off often.
ROG Phone 6 changed my lifestyle a bit 😞

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ZuuGAKz

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/239183#Comment_239183

Yes i agree

At least please enable the functions of the bottom ports while using the Aeroactive Cooler 6.

I've been using ROG Phone from 2 to 6, all the time I always put the AeroActive Cooler and put my phone in my pocket. I don't like to take it off often.

ROG Phone 6 changed my lifestyle a bit 😞

View post
I don't have the motherboard diagram so I don't know if there are 1 or 2 USB controllers, with 2 it wouldn't pose any difficulty but if I believe the answers of a moderator in the Chinese discussion, the answers are clear and indicate that there is no need to continue the conversation.

After ROG 6 is connected to the fan, the Type-C fan will not output video; only the Type-C port in the middle of the phone body side can output video directly, thank you!
Another one
Moderator: If you want to use the asus business docking station, please remove the power fan first, and directly connect the asus business docking station to Type-C on the side of Rog 6, then it can be used normally, thank you!
User: So after that, ROG mobile phone devices are no longer shared... Why buy ROG... Tomorrow I return it... Fortunately, ROG 6 is less than a week old...

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.