Nikifuj908
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 32.2040.2040.28
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am in San Jose on Ultra Mobile, a carrier which uses T-Mobile's 5G infrastructure. Theoretically, I should be able to get a 5G signal, right?
Problem is I can only get 4G. I have already:
checked the coverage map,
restarted the phone,
reinserted the SIM card,
and made sure 5G was on.
None of it worked. Please help.
11 REPLIES 11

Nikifuj908
Star II
Gabrieltg

It depends on the area of ​​the city where you are. I am in Madrid Spain and in some areas 5g has not yet arrived.

View post
Thanks, but I have checked the coverage map. You can see in my post that it was the first thing I tried. 5G is available in my area.

slightlyusedpsx
Star II
I am having the same issue. I purchased the North American type C model. I live in the USA. My other 5g device gets 5g.

Tomy90c
Star III
@Nikifuj908 I think the problem will be with an older SIM card that does not support 5G. I recommend replacing it. I used to solve it on 4G, when I had to change the SIM for the phone to go on 4G. I have no problem with 5G on the ZenFone 9 and it works fine in the Czech Republic.

slightlyusedpsx
Star II
Found out 5G was disabled by default. Toggle is found under "Network & Internet/Internet/SIM 1"

Sameerkap
Star I
How did you get to that? I don't see that option after I go to sim 1