Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please activate Airtel and Jio 5G in India

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
I'm on FULLY STOCK ROG3 India version on latest A12 stable update
========================================
Airtel 5G works on my mom's phone that's Samsung. On my ROG3, it clearly shows that I don't have 5G enabled on my device WHILE I do have 5G and 5G SA modes in settings app.
Please help!
27 REPLIES 27

ZT-86effea0
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/232333#Comment_232333

Thats just absolutely wrong. The N8 is the most important band followed by N3. The others are on a frequency which most would deem useless.

View post
I meant in India

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ZT-86effea0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/232334#Comment_232334

I meant in India

View post
The frequencies don't change. The most important bands for you as a 5g user in india are N8 and N3, they have by far the best coverage, stability and reliable performance.
Anything past 1800mhz starts getting difficult to maintain. And the n78 is only usable if you're very very very close to the antenna of your provider while not having to many walls etc. between you. The higher the frequency the higher the theoretical bandwidth but also the easier it gets unstable.
MMwave for instance runs at 26ghz, if you have as just an umbrella or a tree or something of the sort between you and the antenna, your 5g connection is completely gone. To illustrate the issue, go ahead on your wifi, switch to 5ghz then walk away from your house, see how long it takes until it dissapears, then try the same on 2.4ghz network, youll see you can get much further away with the 2.4ghz network. This gets even stronger the lower the frequency.
The bandwith of the low frequency bands are also very impressive. On 4G 800mhz I have ~150mb/s, 50mb/s stable, no lags, no jumps nothing. While at the same place I would get around 12mb/s / 0.7mb/s at 2100mhz network, because there are many trees between me and the antenna and its somewhat far away.
If your phone doesnt support N8 or N3, 5G is going to be something youll never use.

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/232364#Comment_232364

The frequencies don't change. The most important bands for you as a 5g user in india are N8 and N3, they have by far the best coverage, stability and reliable performance.

Anything past 1800mhz starts getting difficult to maintain. And the n78 is only usable if you're very very very close to the antenna of your provider while not having to many walls etc. between you. The higher the frequency the higher the theoretical bandwidth but also the easier it gets unstable.

MMwave for instance runs at 26ghz, if you have as just an umbrella or a tree or something of the sort between you and the antenna, your 5g connection is completely gone. To illustrate the issue, go ahead on your wifi, switch to 5ghz then walk away from your house, see how long it takes until it dissapears, then try the same on 2.4ghz network, youll see you can get much further away with the 2.4ghz network. This gets even stronger the lower the frequency.

The bandwith of the low frequency bands are also very impressive. On 4G 800mhz I have ~150mb/s, 50mb/s stable, no lags, no jumps nothing. While at the same place I would get around 12mb/s / 0.7mb/s at 2100mhz network, because there are many trees between me and the antenna and its somewhat far away.

If your phone doesnt support N8 or N3, 5G is going to be something youll never use.

View post
Did u just say that ROG3 doesn't have good 5G support?!

ZT-86effea0
Star III
Danishblunt

View post
lucky you ur getting better speed on 4G here India its hard to get those speeds☹️

ZT-86effea0
Star III
Danishblunt

View post
Thanks for Info I do know how frequency works on spectrum but majority of service providers in India are using N78 for city and they go with lower bands in rural areas.