xenia1238w
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zs600kl
Firmware Version: Android 9, not sure which one exactly
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I was using my phone normally when it froze and the speakers made a beep sound, so I held the power button for 10 seconds. The phone was rebooting and I saw the ROG logo but it never vibrated or changed color as usual, instead the screen went black after about a minute, it's stuck in EDL mode since. I had no luck finding the fitting firmware for this phone. I had this phone for about 3 years and then it broke. It was perfectly fine before, no damage at all. Asus wanted to replace the motherboard of the phone for a way too high price, even if they could have just flashed it because there clearly is no damage to the hardware. I don't know what to do anymore.
8 REPLIES 8

xenia1238w
Star I
@Danishblunt I have already installed them but it tells me I have a "driver error" when I open the device in device manager. Some sites told me I have to activate test sign mode and then install the EDL drivers, but Windows refuses to do that for safety reasons. I am 100% sure the phone is in EDL mode because it was recognised as qusb_bulk at first, but then I installed the drivers and now it has a different name. Probably it is happening because of the driver error, do you know how to fix it?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
xenia1238w

@Danishblunt I have already installed them but it tells me I have a "driver error" when I open the device in device manager. Some sites told me I have to activate test sign mode and then install the EDL drivers, but Windows refuses to do that for safety reasons. I am 100% sure the phone is in EDL mode because it was recognised as qusb_bulk at first, but then I installed the drivers and now it has a different name. Probably it is happening because of the driver error, do you know how to fix it?

View post
You have the restart windows with driver signature enforcement off.
Disable driver signature enforcement [Windows Guide]

xenia1238w
Star I
I forgot to reply but I did it now. I tried flashing the firmware but now I get Sahara error. I guess this isn't the right firmware or the storage is broken.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.