xenia1238w
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zs600kl
Firmware Version: Android 9, not sure which one exactly
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I was using my phone normally when it froze and the speakers made a beep sound, so I held the power button for 10 seconds. The phone was rebooting and I saw the ROG logo but it never vibrated or changed color as usual, instead the screen went black after about a minute, it's stuck in EDL mode since. I had no luck finding the fitting firmware for this phone. I had this phone for about 3 years and then it broke. It was perfectly fine before, no damage at all. Asus wanted to replace the motherboard of the phone for a way too high price, even if they could have just flashed it because there clearly is no damage to the hardware. I don't know what to do anymore.
8 REPLIES 8

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, xenia1238w.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
I have sent you a private message for more detail information, please check.
Thank you.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, xenia1238w.

We are sorry to hear about your device.

Based on the situation you describe, it is recommended that you visit the ASUS Repair Center to have your device checked.

Please refer to the following link for further assistance.

https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

After sending it for repair, kindly send me your RMA.

Thank you.

View post
Before posting your copy pasta, try to read the topic first.

Asus wanted to replace the motherboard of the phone for a way too high price, even if they could have just flashed it because there clearly is no damage to the hardware.
@xenia1238w Its rather hard to come by a lot of sources as the phone wasnt that popular and ASUS didnt reelase sourcecode for it to make it popular among modders. The best thing I could find is:
Download ASUS ROG Phone Z01QD (ZS600KL) Firmware (QFIL)

xenia1238w
Star I
@Danishblunt Thank you for your answer. I have also found this firmware on multiple sites, and I tried to flash it, but it didn't even start to flash, I'm getting an error ("Sahara fail, could not connect to com port handle"). I am not sure if there is a solution, and even if I solve it, there is still a high chance the firmware we found is not the right one for this phone. It is strange how the phone hard bricked even if I did never flash any other firmware or did other things that can cause this to happen. I was just using the phone normally when it bricked. I am careful, especially when using an expensive phone like this.
I have also heard of ROG phones bricking out of nowhere, camera focus problem, and motherboard failing, not just for the first one, but the entire ROG phone series. There are a lot more reports of these things happening to the ROG phones than to any other phone, and you can find some of them even in the Zentalk community. You can find countless people talking about the problems on the site "gsmarena.com" for the ROG phone 5, for example.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
xenia1238w

@Danishblunt Thank you for your answer. I have also found this firmware on multiple sites, and I tried to flash it, but it didn't even start to flash, I'm getting an error ("Sahara fail, could not connect to com port handle"). I am not sure if there is a solution, and even if I solve it, there is still a high chance the firmware we found is not the right one for this phone. It is strange how the phone hard bricked even if I did never flash any other firmware or did other things that can cause this to happen. I was just using the phone normally when it bricked. I am careful, especially when using an expensive phone like this.

I have also heard of ROG phones bricking out of nowhere, camera focus problem, and motherboard failing, not just for the first one, but the entire ROG phone series. There are a lot more reports of these things happening to the ROG phones than to any other phone, and you can find some of them even in the Zentalk community. You can find countless people talking about the problems on the site "gsmarena.com" for the ROG phone 5, for example.

View post
The error you're seing is because you don't have the EDL drivers installed on your PC or your phone is not in EDL mode.
As for the Rog series issues, aside from Rog3 and Rog1 all Rog phones are unreliable and die for no reason.