evildante63
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 6
Firmware Version: Android 12
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always after update update 32.2810.2208.163
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I wanted to record something and all of a sudden the camera start to behave abnormally with a lot of ticking sounds...
This happened after the update, I have uploaded a short screen capture of this behavior, hoping anyone can help or at least Asus would patch this problem...
youtu .be/VpL7vi9wQRs
Please help, the phone is less than a month old...
87 REPLIES 87

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
Lol...issues have started already ? At least with the rog 5, it took 6 months or so

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
Warfree

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229473#Comment_229473

I'm so disappointed with this phone, I changed for this one thinking "ooh an Asus ROG phone, it maybe a rockstar phone, like the computers components", my last phone was a Huawei mate 40 pro, and I was tired with the problem of no play store and only with appgalery,

But with this phone I have only problems

First the camera, second with the fingerprint sensor (you move your finger to fast, please move slower and try again), and it start at the same time with the camera

I made the mistake thinking its a firmware problem so I try to update in the official page, and making the bootloader unlock because no one of the firmware I downloaded works so I lose the warranty, I feel like an idiot

Hopefully going to the service, they can repair the issues and it go away

I cross my fingers

Thx for the help

View post
Why did you not bother going through the rog 5 thread man? You would've gotten your answer.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ExodusCODM

Lol...issues have started already ? At least with the rog 5, it took 6 months or so

View post
nah it started at release however it slowly ramped up over time, same with Rog6.

Warfree
Star II
ExodusCODM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229477#Comment_229477

Why did you not bother going through the rog 5 thread man? You would've gotten your answer.

View post
Because I was looking for a phone like Huawei mate 40 pro, and ROG 6 was more like it on CPU, GPU, RAM, etc. And ROG 5 is less than
And now looking here ROG 5 have other issues like ROG 6, the difference is the issues affect other components like wifi, also camera, battery, charging, etc

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Warfree

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229486#Comment_229486

Because I was looking for a phone like Huawei mate 40 pro, and ROG 6 was more like it on CPU, GPU, RAM, etc. And ROG 5 is less than

And now looking here ROG 5 have other issues like ROG 6, the difference is the issues affect other components like wifi, also camera, battery, charging, etc

View post
If your only issue is that you don't have play services thats super easy to solve, you can install play services manually or even better you can install microg, which is far better than play services. There is no phone like the huawei phones sadly they are by far the best camera phones on the market. The closest is probably the xiaomi 12 ultra.