cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating/battery drainage after update

piivikki
Star III
Hi!
I received and installed an update now in August on my ZenFone 8 and since then my phone gets very hot when it's used. Even during calls when the screen is off. Battery also drains a lot faster after the update.
Anyone else having this problem after latest update? Something I can do to solve this? I mean other than waiting for a new update that hopefully fixes the problem.
27 REPLIES 27

Nerdye
Star III
Mattias_ASUS

Hi! Can you kindly write which firmware version you are on?

View post
The latest 1 I presume

willjoe2442
Star III
Reduce the screen brightness: Reducing the screen brightness will increase battery life effectively. Turn off the keyboard backlight: Turning off the keyboard backlight can save battery power. Remove non-used peripherals: Due to external devices will also consume battery power even if they are not in use

Regards

Ronzky321
Star III
willjoe2442

Reduce the screen brightness: Reducing the screen brightness will increase battery life effectively. Turn off the keyboard backlight: Turning off the keyboard backlight can save battery power. Remove non-used peripherals: Due to external devices will also consume battery power even if they are not in use

Regards

View post
Ummm. You're talking about laptops. You are in Zenfone 8 mate.

martinparker28
Rising Star II
Ronzky321

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225037#Comment_225037

Ummm. You're talking about laptops. You are in Zenfone 8 mate.

View post
This takes my "post of the day" 😂😂😂😂😂😂👍

b0ttl3m4n
Rising Star I
Can confirm, lately I can barely reach 5 hours SOT just from browsing, Youtube and Whatsapp.. Dynamic system profile and the battery stats seem normal. I can barely get through my work day sometimes with more than 20%, something is seriously messed up. I hope the Android 13 update will change some things, like the new Game Master from the Zenfone 9 alongside better Advanced battery settings, that would already be neat, I could run it in low power mode and swap to High Performance for games, easy as that. Hey Asus, I'd also swap for a Zenfone 9 if that's offered xD