cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 6 Photo Thread!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hey all!

Event is getting near - and we're celebrating by posting the first photo!
Unless indicated, all photos posted by me here will be taken by hand, no tripod. No additional image enhancements made. Taken by average people and not any professional photographer! Basically representative of what everyone can achieve on ZenFone 6! Photos posted may have undergone rotation in a photo editor.

Photos are taken on a pre-production unit.

Br
CH

The first photo is a very challenging scene, straight into the sun , really putting the dynamic range to test.
CF4D98M3MFHK.jpg

279 REPLIES 279

sarathchandran1
Star III
@survivor303 no bro same thing

survivor303
Rising Star II
sarathchandran1005

@survivor303 no bro same thing

View post
Oh you report a bug, i dont asking about that ?
I wanted that i can use bokeh on videos too, but for now it isnt very good at it. Asus devs has lot to do.. but what if they just start working with open camera.. 60fps enabled on open camera is a dream what i want see happen 🙂

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
sarathchandran1005

I have some problems with camera.

I tried taking close up pictures but it is giving me blurred images.

Is there any minimum focal length for the camera?

7PQDEYSV2JPY.jpg

064UU2TPJTUE.jpg

Even for the video also all blurry camera is not able to focus.

What will be the issue?

View post
focal length is not that good. when compared to my previous older phone honor 10. ... you could try Wide angle lens if lighting is good but you won't get good quality..

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
sarathchandran1005

I have some problems with camera.

I tried taking close up pictures but it is giving me blurred images.

Is there any minimum focal length for the camera?

7PQDEYSV2JPY.jpg

064UU2TPJTUE.jpg

Even for the video also all blurry camera is not able to focus.

What will be the issue?

View post
As answered, the focus depth is not short enough for your use case. There's nothing "wrong" per-se, more like a limitation.
The big sensor coupled with the aperture basically limits that. It will be quite similar for other phones using IMX586.

cobben
Rising Star I
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/22312#Comment_22312

As answered, the focus depth is not short enough for your use case. There's nothing "wrong" per-se, more like a limitation.

The big sensor coupled with the aperture basically limits that. It will be quite similar for other phones using IMX586.

View post

The trick is to position the lens as close as you can to the object without blurring and with no zoom.
Then zoom in optically only, without moving the phone closer to the object at all.
I get best results with HDR+.
I take quite a lot of close up photos of tiny things, Z6 works as well or better with Asus camera app as my Xiaomi Mi Note 2 (22,6MPx) with Gcam. The Z6 is much faster and dependable processing HDR+, with no overheating.
Here is a photo of a tiny chip on the rim of a wine glass:
3FW5GEHO9A8J.jpg