Roystoys
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My Z 7 is still on the may 5 th security patch is it just me or are the powers that be being extra slow?????? I can put up with late OS updates but not security patchs
18 REPLIES 18

Roystoys
Zen Master III
This is how desperate I have become I've even started thinking about the upcoming iPhone 14 pro max but it just leaves a bad taste in my wallet. I don't mind paying almost 2 grand for a phone but apple simply charge for everything like music videos you even have to purchase your own charger, not that I haven't got tonns of chargers doing nothing

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Roystoys

This is how desperate I have become I've even started thinking about the upcoming iPhone 14 pro max but it just leaves a bad taste in my wallet. I don't mind paying almost 2 grand for a phone but apple simply charge for everything like music videos you even have to purchase your own charger, not that I haven't got tonns of chargers doing nothing

View post
yeah, bad camera, anti repair, usb 2.0 port, forcing into their eco system and so on. It's usually a massive pain.
The android market is actually getting quite nice lately. Now with the first official under screen camera, soon it will be a thing with good quality.
Also I can see youre using a zf7, is there any reason for that?

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/222042#Comment_222042

yeah, bad camera, anti repair, usb 2.0 port, forcing into their eco system and so on. It's usually a massive pain.

The android market is actually getting quite nice lately. Now with the first official under screen camera, soon it will be a thing with good quality.

Also I can see youre using a zf7, is there any reason for that?

View post
I just love this phone but it's past it's use by date with no more OS updates coming . I'm going to keep it as a spare and to email and stuff when I get home so as to keep my new phones battery optimal. I just can't decide on what to buy. I am looking at the nothing phone or maybe the red magic 7 pro ( if They make a pro ) . To be perfectly honest I am considering the z 9 Mini but as an all day driver man I'm over 60 my eyes aren't what they used to be. To much working in my growrooms ( in my misspent youth) or so my wife keeps telling me. I am really interested in what you might suggest??

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/222049#Comment_222049

I just love this phone but it's past it's use by date with no more OS updates coming . I'm going to keep it as a spare and to email and stuff when I get home so as to keep my new phones battery optimal. I just can't decide on what to buy. I am looking at the nothing phone or maybe the red magic 7 pro ( if They make a pro ) . To be perfectly honest I am considering the z 9 Mini but as an all day driver man I'm over 60 my eyes aren't what they used to be. To much working in my growrooms ( in my misspent youth) or so my wife keeps telling me. I am really interested in what you might suggest??

View post
Its running on A12, so it should be good for another year or two.
From what I can gather you're a normal consumer no? Why consider a gaming phone? have you looked at the IQOO 10 pro? It's quite ridicolous. It honestly reminds me of what Oneplus used to be like.
Georgious LTPO display
Very good specs and passive cooling capabilities, even competing with gaming phones
Extremely good camera setup
200W charging
Software support seems at least as good as ASUS (2020 phones having A12)

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/222055#Comment_222055

Its running on A12, so it should be good for another year or two.

From what I can gather you're a normal consumer no? Why consider a gaming phone? have you looked at the IQOO 10 pro? It's quite ridicolous. It honestly reminds me of what Oneplus used to be like.

• Georgious LTPO display
  • Very good specs and passive cooling capabilities, even competing with gaming phones
  • Extremely good camera setup
  • 200W charging
  • Software support seems at least as good as ASUS (2020 phones having A12)

View post
I probably am just a regular user. My main chore for my phone is to photograph parcels via an app called optimoroute which is controlled by the company I contract for, Toll ipec, so when I am about to do a delivery I Fire up the app which goes online so that Toll and the customer can see where I have left the parcel. It's also my proof of delivery so it's important. I figure because it's online it really drains my battery. I also use wireless android auto, another battery drainer. I am also not a patient man which is why I go for high end phones.
Honestly this Z 7 is the longest I have ever kept a phone,I usually keep them for 12 months so they are always under warranty plus I assign myself $2000 au a year for as it's a tax write-off but to claim it as a Tech write off it has to run the latest OS version.
Thanks for your tip I will check it out. I really liked the OnePlus 9 Pro you put me onto last year,it was just a pity that OnePlus had issues with their OS,s at the time