This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support 5G or just Marketing BS??

smchay
Rising Star I
As per above, kindly confirm if support 5G in Malaysia? If so, got Volte and Vowifi that goes with that? Really do not want the same fiasco as with the ROG5 and ZenFone 8 series which even as today does not support 5G in Malaysia 😑
But to be fair, they don't even work with Vowifi within the biggest network in Malaysia ie. Celcom/Digi, so maybe asking for 5G is a bit too much 🤔
Anyway, can the people in Asus please answer our queries as so far there has been no solution across all threads which were closed by default.
For citizens of other countries, maybe you should clarify the above regards to your country first as well before parting with your hard earned $$$ 😅
26 REPLIES 26

FunBike31
Community Legend I
That's exactly what I found, just a non-distribution, there may be the lack of VoLTE 4G which is a de facto rejection still needs to be presented to SIRIM which does not seem to be the case.
anyway, nothing to do with the Rog5 and ZF8 problems

smchay
Rising Star I
FunBike31

That's exactly what I found, just a non-distribution, there may be the lack of VoLTE 4G which is a de facto rejection still needs to be presented to SIRIM which does not seem to be the case.

anyway, nothing to do with the Rog5 and ZF8 problems

View post
Not entire true as the authorities are fedup with the high number of complaints from the public owing to such problems, and in ASUS's case, mainly due to the issue with their ROG5 and ZF8, which took over a year to resolve, if at all 🤦
Do note that complaints have multiplied by 100s of % ever since 3G was shutdown early this year 😓 as previously not many were not facing such issues, despite it being inherent since day 1 😑
To be fair, ASUS is not the only brand affected, but this being an ASUS forum ☺️

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
smchay

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/222044#Comment_222044

Not entire true as the authorities are fedup with the high number of complaints from the public owing to such problems, and in ASUS's case, mainly due to the issue with their ROG5 and ZF8, which took over a year to resolve, if at all 🤦

Do note that complaints have multiplied by 100s of % ever since 3G was shutdown early this year 😓 as previously not many were not facing such issues, despite it being inherent since day 1 😑

To be fair, ASUS is not the only brand affected, but this being an ASUS forum ☺️

View post
I call bs on this. You're making up a theory without a shred of evidence to backup anything you claim.
As you mentioned, this isnt exclusively on ASUS, even samsung has VoLTE issues. I think it's very safe to say, the reason the ZF9 isnt available from ASUS's side is simply due to the fact that ZF8 had bad sales in malasiya. If what you say were true, the Rog6 would also be banned, but it's not. You make 0 sense.

smchay
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/222047#Comment_222047

I call bs on this. You're making up a theory without a shred of evidence to backup anything you claim.

As you mentioned, this isnt exclusively on ASUS, even samsung has VoLTE issues. I think it's very safe to say, the reason the ZF9 isnt available from ASUS's side is simply due to the fact that ZF8 had bad sales in malasiya. If what you say were true, the Rog6 would also be banned, but it's not. You make 0 sense.

View post
So mind sharing the sales figures or that's just your conjectures 🤭
Yeap, they had problems with Samsung and Apple ...... but guess what, it got resolved within 3 mths
How many Asus phone you own btw?? I had the ROG5, ZF8 and ZF8 Flip as well. Guess what, but why the ROG5 and ZF8 works but not the ZF8 Flip??

smchay
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/222047#Comment_222047

View post
So you have the sales figure or just making up your own BS 😑
And yes, they had problems with Samsung and Apple but guess what, resolved within 3 months
And how many Asus phones you own??? I happened to own ROG5, ZF8 and ZF8 Flip but yet they don't perform equally, so what does that mean?? 🤔