This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support 5G or just Marketing BS??

smchay
Rising Star I
As per above, kindly confirm if support 5G in Malaysia? If so, got Volte and Vowifi that goes with that? Really do not want the same fiasco as with the ROG5 and ZenFone 8 series which even as today does not support 5G in Malaysia 😑
But to be fair, they don't even work with Vowifi within the biggest network in Malaysia ie. Celcom/Digi, so maybe asking for 5G is a bit too much 🤔
Anyway, can the people in Asus please answer our queries as so far there has been no solution across all threads which were closed by default.
For citizens of other countries, maybe you should clarify the above regards to your country first as well before parting with your hard earned $$$ 😅
26 REPLIES 26

smchay
Rising Star I
Latest update, seems the ZF9 been banned from Malaysia for now due to all the issues with their ROG5 and ZF8s, causing tons of complaints without any resolution 😅
Hopefully more governments around the world will follow suit to prevent their citizens from being cheated via useless and crappy products from Asus etc 🤞👍

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@smchay
Before posting info without the source or posting erroneous info you should check that the bill in 2018 has not been passed, otherwise we will see you again on this discussion in 2032 🤣
Sorry, I only have a link in French but you should find it without difficulty as a local
https://www.reuters.com/article/malaysia-information-idFRL8N1R80UZ

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
smchay

Latest update, seems the ZF9 been banned from Malaysia for now due to all the issues with their ROG5 and ZF8s, causing tons of complaints without any resolution 😅

Hopefully more governments around the world will follow suit to prevent their citizens from being cheated via useless and crappy products from Asus etc 🤞👍

View post
Source? couldn't find anything that would confirm that.

smchay
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221729#Comment_221729

Source? couldn't find anything that would confirm that.

View post
Sorry, seems like need to clarify. Officially the ZF9 will not be available in Malaysia owing to failure to pass accreditation. You may do a search at the SIRIM database for official confirmation.
However, for the diehard fans, feel free to buy parallel import but know that you will be without official support by Asus Malaysia 😅

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
smchay

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221973#Comment_221973

Sorry, seems like need to clarify. Officially the ZF9 will not be available in Malaysia owing to failure to pass accreditation. You may do a search at the SIRIM database for official confirmation.

However, for the diehard fans, feel free to buy parallel import but know that you will be without official support by Asus Malaysia 😅

View post
Couldnt find anything that would confirm your claim.
All I could find is that ASUS decided not to release it in malaysia and given what has been reported by yourself and others in this topic the reason seems that its just low sales + its a pain in the ass to work with malaysian providers.