This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is killing apps in the background.

shiv1g
Rising Star I
My phone is killing apps in the background.
Screen on time is not updating.
Please help!
LZD2GQ3Q8VH9.png
ZFIS3B5Z5CZI.png

20 REPLIES 20

shiv1g
Rising Star I
VS-KR

Mobile Manager has a an option to disable wifi/mobile data for each app.

It's in Data usage.

View post
This method is not working at all. I even reinstalled the apps twice but they are still able to access network.
V1G14VAHMP8D.png
9WMBN70UUY14.png
This never happened to me on OnePlus 3. The settings on it are very straight forward.
R8UK57N41NPJ.jpg

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It saves the ad locally outside of the app. So if you uninstall and install it again, it will use the locally stored ad if it can't access the internet. This is why you will always see the same ad. Why it doesn't show in flight mode as well, I do not know. This is probably a Google thing (since its their ads) and they decided that ads shouldn't show when in flight mode. So maybe a combination of Google and a workaround from the app developer
I found out that it must work like this by comparing the same app on a phone that had already had it installed and another phone that had never had it installed. If I disabled the app data access before starting it the first time one the one that had never run the app before, the ad never appeared.
You can probably read more about this somewhere but we do successfully deny the app data so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong on our end.

lucariello
Star II
VS-KR

Welcome to the ZenUI universe !

In addition with the default Android battery optimization, the Mobile Manager of your phone can :

1. Disable the auto-start of an app

2. Automatically close a recent app

-

1. Mobile Manager > PowerMaster > Auto-Start manager

You can also disable the auto-addition to the list of disabled auto-start apps. (Mobile Manager > 3 dots •••

2. Mobile Manager > 3 dots ••• > Suspended clean

You also have a "Super clean mode" that can affect, if enabled, your apps.

Mobile Manager > Memory cleaner

View post
Hi! I own a Zenfone 6 and, thanks to you, I've learnt how to use the Auto-Start Manager so I've solved two issues on three that I had, but also using it I have IFTTT that does not start at the boot: I have to launch the app manually. May you help me, please?
Many thanks!

lucariello
Star II
HI,
I've disabled Auto start and Super cleaner, deleted the battery optimization for the app, granted access to notification and data, but it doesn't start. I've tested other apps and it's the only one I've found with this fault, but in my previous mobile it worked and still works.
Thanks!

_jis_
Zen Master III
Perhaps there will be someone else who also uses the IFTTT application to confirm or refute your observation.