dixingo
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog Phone 5s
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.92
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): fingerprint sensor
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I broke the screen of my Rog Phone 5s so I found a cheap Rog Phone 5 with a dead motherboard. I replaced the dead motherboard with the one from the phone with the broken display. Everything works perfectly apart from the fingerprint sensor. the sensor is connected and the test in the test menu is passing. The problem appears when I try to add a fingerprint - no matter how I place my finger it's not registered. The white dot lights up, but the sensor doesn't register my fingerprint. What can I do to make it work again?
6 REPLIES 6

Karen_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi dixingo
For your issue, we will recommend that you could visit the repair center for further inspection. Since you replace the LCD yourself, the device will lose the warranty. The inspection and repair will under a chargeable basis.
For the repair center near you, please refer to the following link.

Choose your language | Official Support | ASUS Global
Thank you

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.