waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've used the Rog 6 for about 1 week, here's my review so far.

1. Battery life is amazing. Noticeably better than the Rog 5, maybe around 10 -15% better.
2. The speakers are good but missing the punchy bass compared to the Rog 5. Maybe it can be improved with a software update? I don't know because apparently the speaker hardware is significantly different to the Rog 5
3. Temperature is noticeably higher than the Rog 5. It's not majorly different but still noticeabe. For example, with normal use like texting web browsing, my rog 5 goes to maximum 31 degrees, the Rog 6 goes to approx 34-35 degrees (same room temperature, same environment temperature)
4. For some odd reason, settings made with app battery settings (restricting background apps) get reverted if you restart the phone. This bug was also present with A12 on ROG 5
5. The phone is super fast & smooth, no lag or stutter.
6. Call quality is brilliant.
7. A12 takes some getting used to, the whole UI is different. I would much prefer A12 on the Rog 6 but sadly A12 is the absolute minimum you can have as the software.
8. Camera quality is OK. Nothing special.
9. Charging speed is amazing. Charges very fast.
10. Signal strength is solid. 3g/4g is blazing fast. Haven't tried 5g as not in a 5g area.

Overall, a decent experience but definitely doesn't feel like a complete phone. More software updates are definitely needed but even still, the bugs present should have been ironed out before release. The speakers definitely need to be atleast on the same level as ROG 5 or at the very least better. The temperature needs some adjusting too.
Do not go for the Tencent edition with global ROM installed, you will be left with a permanent "hardware stub" notification which will show a warning about incorrect OS. Can't be removed no matter what. If you're going to buy this phone, buy the one that matches your region. Even still, wait until the aforementioned bugs have been fixed. This phone has potential but as things stand, it needs some improvements.
48 REPLIES 48

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@FunBike31 I'm talking about the new xperias (mark 3 for example), not the old ones.
I'm aware of the DAC's on the xplays, I just mentioned them because despite having an older ESS Sabre dac, they crap all over ASUS's Rog5, comparing them seems silly, just pointing out how important a tuned dac is.
I am also aware of the speaker quality degradation, I mentioned them myself. However it was speaker only, the audio through 3.5mm didnt get affected. I assume ASUS lowered things to prevent speakers from killing themselves as I did hear early on that speakers blew.
Agreed, Black shark has best speakers on a phone period. Honestly wished that ASUS would step up their game, since consumer phones have gotten quite close to the speaker quality of ASUS.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
FYI, @Danishblunt
I just went to dxomark and actually my ears did not deceive me, I could have been deceived because I listened to it in a room reserved for HI-FI equipment in the store in ideal conditions but the test seems fine confirm that the good forward is real, the BS5 pro is top
https://www.dxomark.com/smartphones/#sort-audio/device-

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
FunBike31

FYI, @Danishblunt

I just went to dxomark and actually my ears did not deceive me, I could have been deceived because I listened to it in a room reserved for HI-FI equipment in the store in ideal conditions but the test seems fine confirm that the good forward is real, the BS5 pro is top

View post
Danishblunt

@FunBike31 I'm talking about the new xperias (mark 3 for example), not the old ones.

I'm aware of the DAC's on the xplays, I just mentioned them because despite having an older ESS Sabre dac, they crap all over ASUS's Rog5, comparing them seems silly, just pointing out how important a tuned dac is.

I am also aware of the speaker quality degradation, I mentioned them myself. However it was speaker only, the audio through 3.5mm didnt get affected. I assume ASUS lowered things to prevent speakers from killing themselves as I did hear early on that speakers blew.

Agreed, Black shark has best speakers on a phone period. Honestly wished that ASUS would step up their game, since consumer phones have gotten quite close to the speaker quality of ASUS.

View post
I am not speaker expert here, I notice BS5 Pro speaker is on side of the phone, are they practice and able to give better sound quality than ROG Phone Front Facing Speaker?
I never try dual side speaker phone, only tried single side speaker phone, but I tried dual side speaker laptop before, I can't 100% verify it but I think front facing speaker would produce much more better sound quality in a lot of daily life use case.
Feel like even the speaker hardware quality is very good, but the side speaker design itself will degrade it audio quality in real life use case. 🤔

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

View post
FunBike31

FYI, @Danishblunt

View post
I am not speaker expert here, but I noticed BS5 Pro speaker is placed on both side of the phone, compare to ROG Phone Front Facing speaker design, I think front facing speaker design can produce better audio quality due to the audio is directly deliver forward to your face direction, and maybe in some daily life use case it more unlikely for you to block/interfere the sound from the speaker such as blocking the speaker with your hands.
I never try dual "side" speaker phone before, I only used single "side" speaker phone before, but I ever used dual "side" speaker laptop, I can't 100% verify the dual "side" speaker phone audio quality in real life,
However, in my opinion, front facing speaker would produce better audio quality in most real life use case practically, I feel that even though the speaker hardware is very good, its audio quality may degrade due to it being place at the "side" of the device, maybe primarily due to real life use case that interfere the output sound toward our ear. 🤔

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

FYI, @Danishblunt

View post
I'm already aware of this. I dont like DXOMark that much of a "benchmarking" site tho since they are bias towards some devices, especially apple. They blatantly score apple higher because they are scared of backlash. They rate the Iphone 13 (non pro) speakers above a Rog3 just to display how blatant the site is. Or apple camera above a mate 40 pro which is absolutely idiotic.