edddd
Rising Star I
who needed this phone?
20 REPLIES 20

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
edddd

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219447#Comment_219447

Maybe you are talking about the bands and raw CPU performance. It still has no audio jack, no big battery, no high resolution secondary and selfie cameras and just two extra card slots.

If you had to test VoLTE all over the world for ASUS or run Geekbench all day with a charging cable attached, this phone is for you. All otherwise it seems like there are more meaningful alternatives.

Also, talk about yet another nondescript brand.

View post
3.5mm audio jack is nonsense on a device like this. When you spend that kind of money you have good bluetooth headphones with you and even if you don't, you get pretty good in ear bluetooth headphones with the phone. 3.5mm only really makes sense on budget phones these days.
Battery is ok, it's not small but also not huge. Due to its software optimizations it lasts quite long.
Resolution is irrelevant, the cameras on the phone is top tier, they have rather large sensors and easily compete with the likes of samsung S22 ultra. Infact due to its superior processing it actually beats the S22 ultra.
Lets compare the Asus to a S22 ultra for instance:
ASUS:
Better camera
Better Sound
Better cooling, less throttling, better performance
Better battery life
Much less bloat and nonsense
Better networking
Better fingerprint sensor
Samsung:
much better software support
slightly better display

The Asus is just better in many ways, yet you would recommend a samsung S22 ultra. Try to actually research before making nonsense claims.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219447#Comment_219447

I'm thinking of buying this phone,,so you obviously like it yes? I know it's starts on A 11 but I can live with that. Any bugs that you know about yet??

View post
Its kinda hard, I really like it from a hardware and initial release aspect. Its a no compromise phone in terms of that, what really makes it hard to recommend is the software support. Its REALLY MEH. Due to its very low sales because of the price, qualcomm and ASUS don't really care to put ressources to updates really. The phones only weakness is sadly a very big one.
For now I'd wait and see what the Zf9 is going to be like (event in 7 days). I think ASUS's main focus this time around was the zf9, seeing how the Rog6 turned out to be a rog5 again.

edddd
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219701#Comment_219701

Its kinda hard, I really like it from a hardware and initial release aspect. Its a no compromise phone in terms of that, what really makes it hard to recommend is the software support. Its REALLY MEH. Due to its very low sales because of the price, qualcomm and ASUS don't really care to put ressources to updates really. The phones only weakness is sadly a very big one.

For now I'd wait and see what the Zf9 is going to be like (event in 7 days). I think ASUS's main focus this time around was the zf9, seeing how the Rog6 turned out to be a rog5 again.

View post
Do I undestand this correctly, you boast about how amazing that phone is but then it has bad software support? If I am correct, then what is this logic? The engine is a nuclear reactor from the future but the wheels are square? There is no basis to discuss from there, my argument stands that it is just a big beta test. Good luck trying to use this phone past reading its specs.
In terms of Bluetooth, it was so far the goofiest experience I have had from any audio device in my life based on my ZF7 Pro. It is good for some certain things only. And I did jumped onto the wagon with momentum 3. If this is not good enough, then thanks, I will skip this bandwagon until my next life.
Camera resolution means dynamic range + rich greens and reds. You cannot postprocess what is not there, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the sensors are great, but why then put a bigger main sensor? Price? Oh please, it is over 1000 bucks
I would not go for Samsung, or any overpriced phone. I get it that some people like to show off with gimmicks, but it wears off quickly. The rest is what ROG already offers. Also, again, gooood luck having a great phone without software support.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
edddd

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219762#Comment_219762

Do I undestand this correctly, you boast about how amazing that phone is but then it has bad software support? If I am correct, then what is this logic? The engine is a nuclear reactor from the future but the wheels are square? There is no basis to discuss from there, my argument stands that it is just a big beta test. Good luck trying to use this phone past reading its specs.

In terms of Bluetooth, it was so far the goofiest experience I have had from any audio device in my life based on my ZF7 Pro. It is good for some certain things only. And I did jumped onto the wagon with momentum 3. If this is not good enough, then thanks, I will skip this bandwagon until my next life.

Camera resolution means dynamic range + rich greens and reds. You cannot postprocess what is not there, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the sensors are great, but why then put a bigger main sensor? Price? Oh please, it is over 1000 bucks

I would not go for Samsung, or any overpriced phone. I get it that some people like to show off with gimmicks, but it wears off quickly. The rest is what ROG already offers. Also, again, gooood luck having a great phone without software support.

View post
You clearly do not understand. You asked who this phone was for, I answered. Then you start to argue about things that are simply wrong, I corrected you and now you somehow imply anyone should buy it.
You have no argument. You literally ramble for nothing.
Then you start talking about ZF7 bluetooth performance, which I'm not sure what you even start that discussion for as its irrelevant to this phone.
No, camera resolution means, camera resolution. dynamic range is purely based on processing, nothing else. You clearly don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. The lenses on this phone are nicely sized, which means they have no real issues working nicely in lower light scenarios.
Since you seem to have a Zf7, go inside your house where the light isnt optimal or any other not optimal lightning scenario, shoot 2 images, once in 64MP mode, then in 16MP mode, then come back here and post results, after that tell me how amazing the high resolution pixelated mess is when the pixel size is only 0.8micrometer vs 1.6.
In your last statement you make a good point, all phones that are flagships are overpriced, any budget phone from motorolla can do the same with much much much better battery life for only 300USD.

edddd
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219769#Comment_219769

You clearly do not understand. You asked who this phone was for, I answered. Then you start to argue about things that are simply wrong, I corrected you and now you somehow imply anyone should buy it.

You have no argument. You literally ramble for nothing.

Then you start talking about ZF7 bluetooth performance, which I'm not sure what you even start that discussion for as its irrelevant to this phone.

No, camera resolution means, camera resolution. dynamic range is purely based on processing, nothing else. You clearly don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. The lenses on this phone are nicely sized, which means they have no real issues working nicely in lower light scenarios.

Since you seem to have a Zf7, go inside your house where the light isnt optimal or any other not optimal lightning scenario, shoot 2 images, once in 64MP mode, then in 16MP mode, then come back here and post results, after that tell me how amazing the high resolution pixelated mess is when the pixel size is only 0.8micrometer vs 1.6.

In your last statement you make a good point, all phones that are flagships are overpriced, any budget phone from motorolla can do the same with much much much better battery life for only 300USD.

View post
Why do you assume that what I get from a ZF is in no way representative of what the manufacturer does with its other phones? The software is not good. That is the message I am receiving both from your posts and my ZF. Those are facts by which I have to work, not ramblings.
Now to the next facts, of which you have absolutely none in terms of what I know or don't, so spare yourself the comparisons.
In terms of dynamic range, scaled 64MP to 16MP is sort of post processing, but a native 12MP has none to speak of. Here I can assume it is worse because there is theoretically less data. Maybe the lenses are great after all, I don't know, but at this tiny scale i doubt they are. After that come the focus issues, which, for example, got a bit downgraded between ZF 6 and 7 (there is no longer focus past infinity as far as I can see). Now I digress, but to put out so many phones without support, they have to share things between them.
The point is still, who needs this phone? It is barely represented and too overpriced.
I can go on and on because salt.