cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Broke ROG Phone 3

Aerevyr
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3 (Strix version I believe)
Firmware Version: Version WW-31.0210.0210.230
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent (no variation)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone App
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After Updating to latest Firmware Version the Phone app immediately "Call Ended" upon dialing a number, with the exception of emergency services (911) takes about 30 seconds but begins to ring.
Incoming Calls go straight to voicemail.
VoLTE option is not found in settings except in the "STATUS BAR ICON MANAGER" section where I can choose to have it display in the status bar (it doesn't display)
I have :
- Restarted the Phone
- Shutdown and Turned back on the Phone
- Enabled, waited up to 30 minutes, and Disabled Airplane mode multiple times (dozen+)
- Factory Reset the phone
- Installed Alternate launchers
- Gone through support with my Carrier (no issues on their end the SIM and everything works perfectly fine in non-ASUS-Android 12 phones)
47 REPLIES 47

Nasp
Star I
This is extremely unprofessional by Asus. They could possibly be sued over this because you literally cannot even call 911 due to this android update breaking cellular connections. It is very sad that they will not acknowledge this issue existing, I have been on support chats multiple times with no responses. Due to this I am being forced to buy a new phone because I cannot get a rollback to successfully work because the instructions on the manual for the phone do not work regarding how to roll back versions. Asus needs to fix this issue immediately because it is actually dangerous not having access to making calls or receiving them. I was going to buy the new rog phone 6 but this makes me not want to support Asus anymore if this is how the treat updating their device clearly without quality testing which would have exposed this issue immediately. How is it possible that you release a custom OS for a phone but fail to check if the actual purpose of the phone (calling) works. Also this new info we have based on the recent issue makes their advertising of cellular networking compatibility very misleading when the call functionality only works on severely outdated bandwidth methods. In addition I have not once been able to get a 5g connection even in cities such as New York city even though they boast about it on the product page. Overall I am super disappointed with how this situation is unfolding and Im hoping that an update is rolled out very very fast because on top of me really liking this phone as I stated before it is very dangerous now a days not being able to call people or receive calls

Cold_Dingo
Star III
Throwing myself into the discussion as well. I talked to customer support and they want me to send my phone in, pay a $85 non-refundable "diagnostic fee" and then pay them for whatever "repairs" they're going to do. I don't know what switches are being pulled but please don't submit to this crap everyone, they should have known what this update could do and they should have warned their customers who payed $800+ on a damn phone.

Cold_Dingo
Star III
Also, does anyone know what happened to the downloads section for the ROG3 in order to downgrade to Android 11? Every other phone has their download section but I can't locate ours anymore. Are they really going to brick our phone and not offer a solution?

javcarbe
Star III
At&t and with the same issue, i know TMobile same with the new update, is usa is any problem with another provider

javcarbe
Star III
sprossels12

This is extremely unprofessional by Asus. They could possibly be sued over this because you literally cannot even call 911 due to this android update breaking cellular connections. It is very sad that they will not acknowledge this issue existing, I have been on support chats multiple times with no responses. Due to this I am being forced to buy a new phone because I cannot get a rollback to successfully work because the instructions on the manual for the phone do not work regarding how to roll back versions. Asus needs to fix this issue immediately because it is actually dangerous not having access to making calls or receiving them. I was going to buy the new rog phone 6 but this makes me not want to support Asus anymore if this is how the treat updating their device clearly without quality testing which would have exposed this issue immediately. How is it possible that you release a custom OS for a phone but fail to check if the actual purpose of the phone (calling) works. Also this new info we have based on the recent issue makes their advertising of cellular networking compatibility very misleading when the call functionality only works on severely outdated bandwidth methods. In addition I have not once been able to get a 5g connection even in cities such as New York city even though they boast about it on the product page. Overall I am super disappointed with how this situation is unfolding and Im hoping that an update is rolled out very very fast because on top of me really liking this phone as I stated before it is very dangerous now a days not being able to call people or receive calls

View post
Hope you can find the solution, what I did i install youmail and if i miss a call they left a message to my email