rog 3 volte not functioning after update android 12 (31.0210.0210.230) not rooted

peysal92peysal92 Level 1
edited 4:35AM in ROG Phone 3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm having the same issue. Bone stock rog phone 3. updated last night and now I can't make phone calls.

• I have some new info. So At&t says that the phone forces voice over 3g? and VoLTE is a work around to allow voice over the LTE network. and the phone does not support native LTE talk. I was under the impression that LTE voice was supported on the phone. Additionally 5G didnt work on the phone initially but we put an iPhone provisioned sim in the phone and 5G data worked however voice still did not. does the phone support higher than 3g voice or is the documentation incorrect?

• Same issue here at Malaysia. Once update to Android 12 voLTE function was disappear. Telco using Maxis

• jin_akirajin_akira Level 2

My Volte is missing too after updating, was available on Android 11

• Could you please specify which operators you are using?

Have pm-ed you @Mattias_ASUS, thank you

• kdubkdub Level 1

I'm having the same issue. Unable to connect to volte and calling is unavailable... I guess buying an ASUS phone was a mistake.

• RiptideRiptide Level 1

Same issue here, AT&T is my carrier and no longer have VoLTE icon show up and can't make or receive calls. Build number SKQ1.210821.001.WW_Phone-21.0210.0210.230-0 Android 12. Is there any way to revert back to an older build at all? Or any other workaround/ETA on if AT&T or any other carrier that supports ROG Phone 3?

• I think at the moment need to downgrade the android version or else waiting Asus to release new update to fix this bug.

• I'm having the same issue after android 12 update. T-mobile US.

@Mattias_ASUS

• I think they use the wrong whitelist for VoLTE stuff from Zenfone 7. They need to replace it to the correct one

I don't think removing the Volte feature was done deliberately, because if they really didn't bother they wouldn't even pursue Android 12. Risks of unexpected bugs in new updates are always there, happens with other brands as well. Hopefully the mods can expedite this issue and get the team to circulate the fix soon

• Seems correct, I hope this get noticed asap by someone who can fix this. Not having phone functionality is a critical issue and needs fixed immediately!

This discussion has been closed.