This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor quality of outgoing calls (voLTE, voWiFi) on ZENFONE 8; cutting words, robotic sound

arielsajda
Rising Star II
Hi,
when I call via voLTE or voWiFi and someone picks up, the call sounds good, but after a while it starts to sound very bad. When I answer (even one word), it's ok again (listening to the interlocutor) for a while, and then the same... I barely can understand words.
Other users with ZF8 has same issues.
voLTE and voWiFi - the same issue. The signal is full... T-Mobile PL, and WiFi 600Mb/s.
I'm on latest release *.89
80 REPLIES 80

bobekos1
Rising Star I
Ja wyłączyłem obie te opcję bo już zgłupiałem... Czekam na ruch Asusa w naszym problemie 🤔

Mattias_ASUS
Sorry for the late reply, the team is working on it and we might eventually need some logs, but I'm waiting for more information to give you soon and will update as soon as I get more info.

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
arielsajda

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/217048#Comment_217048

Hey, any news? The issues are really disappointing 😞 I'm working a lot while calling on loudspeaker. I need data durring calls and but voLTE/voWiFi calls quality are unnaceptable and this echo on loudspeaker for listeners...

View post
Echoing is probably factory defect with microphones or something, i gave up and just say to everyone before turining hand mode that now huge echo will start and that they shouldn't worry about it, because I hear good what they say.
VoLTE/VoWiFi bug is worst, because calls are completely ununderstandable. Of course it's still possible to use 3G calls, but it's 2022 year, T-Mobile is planning to turn off 3G infrastrutcture next year.

bobekos1
Rising Star I
Potwierdzam złą jakość rozmów. Wyłączyłem VOLTE i WiFi Calling w T-Mobile. Jest trochę lepiej ale to nie jest co oczekuję... 😞

arielsajda
Rising Star II
Cyslawo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/218445#Comment_218445

Echoing is probably factory defect with microphones or something, i gave up and just say to everyone before turining hand mode that now huge echo will start and that they shouldn't worry about it, because I hear good what they say.

VoLTE/VoWiFi bug is worst, because calls are completely ununderstandable. Of course it's still possible to use 3G calls, but it's 2022 year, T-Mobile is planning to turn off 3G infrastrutcture next year.

View post
Echoing is also pain in the ass. I've made hardware tests and all of 3 microphones works fine. I'm almost sure that sensitivity of main microphone is set too high so it caches sound from near loudspeaker. Is it so hard to fix by software?
Voice over data (LTE and WiFi) level of quality is also unacceptable.