cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery care doesn't work

Claymann3000
Star II
Hello there
So my problem is that my ROG Phone II battery care function doesn't work. This is the second time I charge my phone and tried to set period for charging over night. It wont work. Simply when I plug my phone to charger, hyper charge icon appeara and my phone charges crazy fast (been used to fast charge with previous phone from other manufacturer). So am I doing sth wrong here? Wanted to extend the batterys life span thus using battery care seems like great idea.
15 REPLIES 15

Claymann3000
Star II
Nah, still no Battery care for me. Plugged in with battery care period set to 4 hours and my phone charged from 9% to full with hyper charge within 1 hour. Also my battery got quite hot most of the charging time. I dont think it is healthy for it. Any suggestions, guys? I assume I should make an official inquiry for Asus technical support. Will do so.

mamayankag
Rising Star I
Claymann3000

Nah, still no Battery care for me. Plugged in with battery care period set to 4 hours and my phone charged from 9% to full with hyper charge within 1 hour. Also my battery got quite hot most of the charging time. I dont think it is healthy for it. Any suggestions, guys? I assume I should make an official inquiry for Asus technical support. Will do so.

View post
Yes, if you are trying this with official charger + cable, then all the more so.
Let them know the Software/FW version of your device.

theresnuthinher
Star II
@Claymann3000
SCHEDULED CHARGING PROBABLE FIX
1) Clear storage and cache of POWER MASTER
2) Restart the device 
3) Try scheduled charging
JL4S2KM94Z1T.jpg
Using ROG 2 8/128 on WW_16.0631.1908.12_0 with in box 18W charger.
Schedule set 10 PM to 8 AM

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Claymann3000

View post
Did you see the Power Master Scheduled charging notification when you plugged it in?

mamayankag
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21052#Comment_21052

Did you see the Power Master Scheduled charging notification when you plugged it in?

View post
I see it but I too can confirm that it is kind of a hit or miss. The Battery most probably gets charged to 100% before the end of the scheduled charging time, like 1 hour before.