This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 flip

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Time for me to buy a new phone. Any chance of an inside tip on when the zenfone 9 flip will be released?

12 REPLIES 12

ktw
Rising Star II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/215368#Comment_215368

Yes I hope The keep the flip camera,I love it. I like the artists idea about the camera being round, it looks good. I thought it was probably as you call it fake news pity I'd buy one tomorrow 🤣

View post
I actually think the round flip camera wouldn't be that good of an idea, both aesthetically and functionally 🤔. But yeah, it's just some personal taste thing haha.

I feel like ASUS would be better off if they just go with the pop-up cameras like the ones we've seen on the OnePlus 7 Pro or OPPO Reno/Reno2, which are more sturdy. Again, I like the flip camera idea a lot because it provides a full-screen experience and different camera angles (a more flexible camera shooting experience). But I don't think this gimmick is attracting enough sales at the cost of so many issues.

I'm also just not confident in ASUS that they are capable or willing to solve all the issues that come with it, now that I haven't seen that many improvements in ZenFone 7/8 Flip going from ZenFone 6 😛

Roystoys
Zen Master III
ktw

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/215374#Comment_215374

I actually think the round flip camera wouldn't be that good of an idea, both aesthetically and functionally 🤔. But yeah, it's just some personal taste thing haha.

I feel like ASUS would be better off if they just go with the pop-up cameras like the ones we've seen on the OnePlus 7 Pro or OPPO Reno/Reno2, which are more sturdy. Again, I like the flip camera idea a lot because it provides a full-screen experience and different camera angles (a more flexible camera shooting experience). But I don't think this gimmick is attracting enough sales at the cost of so many issues.

I'm also just not confident in ASUS that they are capable or willing to solve all the issues that come with it, now that I haven't seen that many improvements in ZenFone 7/8 Flip going from ZenFone 6 😛

View post
I suppose I'm lucky there,all I need a phone to do is obviously be a phone, android auto to work as well as Google maps and emails.
I am not into photography so all I need is a basic camera and lastly I want to be able to Miracast to the multi media unit in my van for when it's quite ( I am in distribution) .
Not many devices on the market today support both Miracast and android auto unless you want to buy an old phone. I like to swap my phone every year or two the most,so an old phone won't do.
Ergo the zenfone ticks all my boxes and I am not really affected with the bugs that get reported but it's like you said,, it is a personal choice,,
PS one thing I'll say for Asus phones, especially zenfone,s they really hold their prices. I keep mine in a case with tempered glass from day one and I usually get anywhere from 50% to 70% of the new price on eBay.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.