cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

rStar
Rising Star II
HarishEk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/209372#Comment_209372

I updated it maunally with the package downloaded from the support site. I dont think there would be a difference between the package as both manually and auto versions are same. Though there is not much of a upgrade we could see except the permission and UI changes.

I would recommend people not to update or upgrade the software versions until you are adventorous.

View post
Had they not pushed FOTA I'd have never upgraded..
Check my latest thread to see how I'm suffering 😃

rStar
Rising Star II
dcane004

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/209566#Comment_209566

Omg again? I just got it 3 weeks ago from service center

View post
What was the issue last time?
Yes it's possibly the main board. In my case (similar to u) they replaced the main board.
@ExodusCODM had his both speakers dead, service centre changed this MB too

Avinoli
Star I
Hi everyone,
I came across a post regarding wifi not turning on, I'm having this issue now. My phone updated to android version 12, and it worked fine, when suddenly, the phone stopped working, froze for 3 minutes, restarted itself, then the wifi is not turning on. I would like to ask if I still need to take this to the service center and have the motherboard replaced? or is there an other solution already to this kind of problem without going to the service center.
I need your expert advice. Thanks in advance 😊

kushagrabansal0
Star III
Avinoli

Hi everyone,

I came across a post regarding wifi not turning on, I'm having this issue now. My phone updated to android version 12, and it worked fine, when suddenly, the phone stopped working, froze for 3 minutes, restarted itself, then the wifi is not turning on. I would like to ask if I still need to take this to the service center and have the motherboard replaced? or is there an other solution already to this kind of problem without going to the service center.

I need your expert advice. Thanks in advance 😊

View post
Bro Nothing's Going to Fix this issue for You.... I had my device working properly for 8 Months and All Of a sudden it's Wifi and Hotspot stopped working 2 updates before the Android 12 one...... Did ask the Brand for a refund but they denied my request and somehow Helped me by Increasing the Warranty by 1 year as a free support after replacing the Motherboard.
Just Don't get your hopes up too High if You get your Motherboard replaced as This issue may occur to you again.
This ain't a software defect but a hardware failure because of the Software.

Avinoli
Star I
kushagrabansal041

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/210487#Comment_210487

Bro Nothing's Going to Fix this issue for You.... I had my device working properly for 8 Months and All Of a sudden it's Wifi and Hotspot stopped working 2 updates before the Android 12 one...... Did ask the Brand for a refund but they denied my request and somehow Helped me by Increasing the Warranty by 1 year as a free support after replacing the Motherboard.

Just Don't get your hopes up too High if You get your Motherboard replaced as This issue may occur to you again.

This ain't a software defect but a hardware failure because of the Software.

View post
Thank you Bro for your help. I went to the store where I bought the phone, they advised me to take the phone to the service center to have it checked and probably replace the motherboard. I'm starting to think of selling this phone after they get this fixed and buy another phone from another brand.