Razgriz
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2201.196
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
i just want to use my twinview after one or two months not using it, but i found it wont show display..
volume button n headset jack works, power button not, n when i close it wont lock my phone..
there is notification "charging device via usb" or something like that..
no display/charging menu, no vibration when connected, no twinview dock on hardware info..
i use twinview dock II from my old rog phone II btw..

@Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS , sorry for tagging u, guys..
i really need ur help, n i hope this is just a bug on firmware because for last 2 months we got some updates, right?
i tried to search for this issue too, i got this same issue thread in a11 beta forum n that is because its in early beta ver which is mobile desktop dock n twinview dock is still not supported..
thx..
11 REPLIES 11

BPM
Rising Star II
Ouch... I wonder if there's an issue with a ribbon cable? If it's working when disassembled and then stops when reassembled, that makes me think there's a cable issue and the pressure of the casing is causing a short. Dunno, just throwing ideas out there.
If it's been less than a year since you purchased it, it might still be under warranty. If not, may just want to get a new one. The one I just got off eBay was from a seller in the UK for about £106 (about $138 USD).
Aside from that, could look into possibly replacing parts. Before I decided to buy a new TwinView, I was looking around for a replacement screen. I had found some random site selling parts, and wanted $150 for the screen alone. I had also found a TwinView 2 screen on AliExpress for about $80 (not 100% sure if that'd work, since the TwinView 2 and 3 are extremely similar, only differences being button color and screen refresh rates).

Razgriz
Rising Star II
BPM

Ouch... I wonder if there's an issue with a ribbon cable? If it's working when disassembled and then stops when reassembled, that makes me think there's a cable issue and the pressure of the casing is causing a short. Dunno, just throwing ideas out there.

If it's been less than a year since you purchased it, it might still be under warranty. If not, may just want to get a new one. The one I just got off eBay was from a seller in the UK for about £106 (about $138 USD).

Aside from that, could look into possibly replacing parts. Before I decided to buy a new TwinView, I was looking around for a replacement screen. I had found some random site selling parts, and wanted $150 for the screen alone. I had also found a TwinView 2 screen on AliExpress for about $80 (not 100% sure if that'd work, since the TwinView 2 and 3 are extremely similar, only differences being button color and screen refresh rates).

View post
Yup, i tried to plug-unplug all cable, but still not work..It work sometimes, but after i detach it from phone then it wont work again..kinda random, i cant replicate what i did before to make it work..

Its already out of warranty, more than 2 years..

I'd like to buy replacement parts, but i still dont know where the problem is.. 😂
Considering to buy new one tho..but i still curious what make it broke, so i can be more careful with new one..even tho i always careful with this but still broke suddenly.. 😑