MT0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:.226 (latest)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Still trash performance even at the latest update, I was hoping on the latest update they will fix the downclocking of the cpu but ohh boy it' still the same.... locking at 1.08ghz when it reach up to 47c to 48c while playing genshin, what hurt the most is I'm only using medium settings at 60fps but it's barely reaching up to 50 fps while during combat or exploring demanding areas of the game.... I'm gonna attach a video to show I'm not kidding and for the asus mod to see that this phone is a joke at the current system update.....

92 REPLIES 92

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
ExodusCODM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58513/game-genie-bugged-after-the-recent-update-cant-reach-th...

This is a post from rog 3 section, apparently rog 5 isn't the only one suffering

@Sarkiri take a look

View post
screenshot-20220301-211752-chrome.jpg
See it also rog5 Oct post 2021 .mod and dev useless still now

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
ExodusCODM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58513/game-genie-bugged-after-the-recent-update-cant-reach-th...

This is a post from rog 3 section, apparently rog 5 isn't the only one suffering

@Sarkiri take a look

View post
A gaming phone that failed to do 1 thing that's really good at what a joke of a phone and a scam by Asus.
I had been complaining about the downclocking issue since a month before the .226 update, they said they are working on this issue and they had all the time to fix this issue unless they are going this deliberately. The phone is now downclocking even worse than .210 update.
And I am really mad that I can't play the game that I bought this phone for properly.
This issue is affecting even the A12 beta. Which explains they are doing this deliberately.

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/206134#Comment_206134

A gaming phone that failed to do 1 thing that's really good at what a joke of a phone and a scam by Asus.

I had been complaining about the downclocking issue since a month before the .226 update, they said they are working on this issue and they had all the time to fix this issue unless they are going this deliberately. The phone is now downclocking even worse than .210 update.

And I am really mad that I can't play the game that I bought this phone for properly.

This issue is affecting even the A12 beta. Which explains they are doing this deliberately.

View post
Still they Says everytime your phone passed all tests .I play the game in service center only the problem not resolved yet till day.we all are join together to solve this problem and give a counter low to Asus

Ogghy
Rising Star II
I found the workaround about this clusterfu*k.

So when you open genshin or any game with maxed out hardcore tuning. And then you saw your cpu stucked at lower clockspeed. Just lockscreen your phone and unlock again. I don't know if it's gonna work for ya'll but i tested with rog 3 and 5 and it seems worked.

I have something to say for my lovely asus developer about this mess..
Just resign if you can't handle this crap.

PS: this workaround will ineffective if you play genshin on highest possible settings. Because 888 is just too underwhelming. So keep your setting at low or medium.
But other game seems fine with it.

nsanedown
Star III
how do you bring up that core information menu aside from the real-time info panel?
is there some other menu option that requires enabling before that info can be displayed?