cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System UI stopped working

koallawindows10
Rising Star I
I still have a problem with the "system UI stopped working"
With UI elements not in the place that they should be, for example the top notification bar in landscape is one half of the screen with the rounded corners on the middle of the screen while they should stay at the corner
I am desperate cause it really ruins the user experience.
What will fix it?
are there any solutions?
will factory reset help?

67 REPLIES 67

daniel91m
Rising Star II
Problem returned this morning under the following circumstances: due to inactivity, the screen went blank while the application was in horizontal mode (this application does not have vertical mode). After the screen went blank I wanted to wake it up after about 5-10 seconds. Then the system crashed. For me, such circumstances most often cause a system crash.

I am also surprised that after a crash in the notification bar, old, already read messages of the messanger appear to me. I have to manually remove them afterwards.

sebi673
Star II
koallawindows10

That is exectaly what happened to me

img-4625c4d664a2672b71a48faf3537690d-v-1.jpg

img-4625c4d664a2672b71a48faf3537690d-v-1-1-1-1.jpg

Credit @Dark Space

View post
It also happens when the camera ring animation triggers. Face unlock for example. The ring overlay stays there and the artifacts appear in landscape mode.
Another common trigger for that is youtube in landscape, especially if i don't have the auto-rotate on.
The cutouts are infuriating and i wish there was a way to restart the System UI without restarting the whole phone. A way to make it crash perhaps. If system ui crashes, the overlay dissapears and goes back to normal.

Timo_Vos
Rising Star I
It looks like this issue has been resolved with the latest update.
Yay!

kristoffia
Star III
Timo Vos

It looks like this issue has been resolved with the latest update.

Yay!

View post
What update??? Do I have to download it again myself??? WTF??? They promised that the future updates would be automatic, OTA !!!

Rexator
Star III
After the new update i got 2 system-UI crash. I hope they fix it soon!