ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: all time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA
I was using the phone normally and plugged the phone in to charge. Suddenly the phone lost all audio (media, ringtone, calls everything). I plugged in the headphone and it is working fine. I've no clue what has happened. I tried restarting and resetting, nothing worked.

13 REPLIES 13

rStar
Rising Star II
C'mon Asus, we need a fix for this in next update.
One speaker, both speaker not working issue is rising sharply.

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
rStar

C'mon Asus, we need a fix for this in next update.

One speaker, both speaker not working issue is rising sharply.

View post
Did hard reset help you in anyway?

rStar
Rising Star II
Sagnik1994

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/203407#Comment_203407

Did hard reset help you in anyway?

View post
Just for 1 day. (Reset via recovery mode)
Nowadays sometimes after restart sound comes for few seconds and goes silent again.
After the Jan update i can say that Audio quality/clarity and loudness is considerably LOW.

rStar
Rising Star II
Check this thread:

maxxalin2000

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2106.86
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any audio app.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello, I am the owner of a brand new rog phone 5. I have had the phone for about a week and today I found that the bottom speaker has a problem. When I listen to any kind of sound the bottom speaker has some wierd sound like 'krr' or 'hrr' like a broken speaker when I turn up the volume. At most I have the impression that it stops for a second. I tried to restart phone or change out settings but the problem is there no matter what. What I didn't try is to factory reset the phone. The top speaker has no issue. When I received the phone I had no problems. I noticed the problem after I updated to FW but I'm not sure it's from the update or not. the phone is under warranty but before I return it I want to know if it is a hardware issue or it is a software bug. Any ideas? Thanks!

ROG Phone 5 Bottom Speaker Issues.

It was bound to happen someday. Our device was just waiting for a messed up update. 😆