ROG Phone 5 suddenly turned off and unable to turn on.

Brainy ClownBrainy Clown Level 1
edited February 20 in ROG Phone 5

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Nearly every 3 days
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): I think is is related to phone software/hardware itself

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I'm facing a problem with my rog phone 5, suddenly it turns off by itself and unable to turn on. I bought it 6 months ago and maintained carefully ever since. I tried switching on using different key combinations, charging the mobile and trying nothing seems to be working. I think I'm having a mini heart attack. 2 days ago I visited service center to have my phone checked up, but they are unable to find why it is happening, and said mobile was fine but here I am facing the same issue again. I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Tagged:

Comments

• I also had same issue on Dec 30 '21. I immediately ran to service center. After diagnosing they said that mother board needs to be changed.

I suggest you to take to the nearest service center again.

• Did you got it changed?, is it working fine now?

• I submitted my phone on jan1st '22. They said it will take minm 10 days to replace the motherboard.

Even after replacing motherboard some users mentioned here that they are getting hardware issues.

• so generally we are screwed for purchasing this I guess!!

• Yes undoubtedly!!!

**crying in the corner**

• I went and submitted my ROG phone 5 in ASUS service center today i.e., 03/01/2022. They suggested to leave the mobile under inspection for 2 days to trace out the problem. So I guess we should do a lot of waiting around before my 5month warranty period completes.

• Hi Brainy Clown,

Apology for the experience. If you face any issues with service please share the RMA no in personal inbox with the thread link.

• I went to service center yesterday, they mentioned that motherboard is faulty and e should replace. They mentioned that my mobile will be handed over to me on Tuesday it seems. Fingers crossed and hope it ill be over soon.

• ZuuGAKzZuuGAKz Level 2

Same problem as me I just sent the device to a service center on the 4th of this month. They said it took about 2 weeks. 😥

• I got an Asus ROG phone 5s it lasted for 3 days and will not power on. Got w replacement phone not fixed but brand new and 2 weeks later brand new 2nd phone died will not power on exact same as first one. At least I'm not alone I see.

• WiloWilo Level 1
    edited January 14

Hey!

So, have you picked up your phone?

What's the info please?

Hey!

So, have you picked up your phone?

What's the info please?

• dheeraj.g999dheeraj.g999 Level 2
    edited January 17

Hi, my Asus ROG phone 5 is died just now and not turning on!!!!

Did the motherboard replacement fixed the issue??

• He folks, my ROG PHONE 5 did the same thing just now. I Googled it and got this thread.

Mine died just straight after hanging up on a call. the thing just died. no screen, no lights. dead. Nothing I could press did anything.

However - I know from owning other phones in the past, there are usually some key combos you can press to get a reboot or safe mode, so I went pressing things.

I found a way to reboot it and I got it back to life.

I just held down UP/DOWN volume AND the POWER button - all 3x together at the same time. Held it there for about 5 secs.

It then came up with a safe mode menu and I could use the volume buttons to select 'TURN OFF' and the power button to action it.

Then, once it was off, I could then turn it back on. It worked for me. I hope it saves some of you from having to return your phones. And I hope it doesn't keep doing it, or else it WILL be going back!

Cheers,

Rick

• @RickTheMelon

Lucky for you. I did tried that but no go.

Submitted my phone at service center and they gonna replace motherboard. Really regreting my decision to trust Asus. I should have gone for some other brand or atleast iPhone.

Never trusting Asus again!!

• Hi all,

I got my mobile back(ROG 5). And there are np further issues as of now. I checked my phone under extreme gaming conditions and it sure shines bright now. So I guess my issue is resolved now after getting mother board replacement.

Make sure you guys get it replaced asap if possible.

Thanks and bye :)

• k_huatk_huat Level 3

👍✨

May I know where are u from n how long it takes to change the motherboard? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.