cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

Reaasigan
Star II
Hi.. im new here and recently bought a second hand rog phone 5 16gb 256gb. i checked it throughly to make sure it is a global version and not cn. the back cover and version everything was right. but the thing is fingerprint is not working... the option is available under biometrics but you cant enable it. check the smmi test and it showed error. so i dont know what to do and also this phone sometimes show invalid/no sim when there is a sim installed in it. i have to restart it a couple of times to get back my line sometimes restarting once will do but sometimes it takes a few tries. im not sure what is causing this and i also updated my firmware to the latest which is .200 . is there any ways we can fix this without going to the service center? all my service center is far from me and even if i go to one i dont have any purchase receipt even the phone is under warranty and also im working 5 days a week staying alone far from my hometown so if i send my phone to service center for sure they will drag it almost a month. help me out guys .

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Reaasigan

Hi.. im new here and recently bought a second hand rog phone 5 16gb 256gb. i checked it throughly to make sure it is a global version and not cn. the back cover and version everything was right. but the thing is fingerprint is not working... the option is available under biometrics but you cant enable it. check the smmi test and it showed error. so i dont know what to do and also this phone sometimes show invalid/no sim when there is a sim installed in it. i have to restart it a couple of times to get back my line sometimes restarting once will do but sometimes it takes a few tries. im not sure what is causing this and i also updated my firmware to the latest which is .200 . is there any ways we can fix this without going to the service center? all my service center is far from me and even if i go to one i dont have any purchase receipt even the phone is under warranty and also im working 5 days a week staying alone far from my hometown so if i send my phone to service center for sure they will drag it almost a month. help me out guys .

View post
Unfortunately I do not think that we can help you, except to advise you to contact the seller who most certainly knew this problem, frequent on the Rog 5 and even more certainly due to the Fingerprint reader / Sim card connector.
This discussion having multiple similar cases, I advise you to read them, but hey, in any case, the solution is the service center or to be reimbursed by this dishonest seller

Reaasigan
Star II
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/198548#Comment_198548

Unfortunately I do not think that we can help you, except to advise you to contact the seller who most certainly knew this problem, frequent on the Rog 5 and even more certainly due to the Fingerprint reader / Sim card connector.

This discussion having multiple similar cases, I advise you to read them, but hey, in any case, the solution is the service center or to be reimbursed by this dishonest seller

View post
alright thanks for the suggestion mate. still going through all this discussions here before i send it to the service center since it has the asus warranty till april 2022.

musaibmirx
Star I
Rog 5 battery stuck at 99 doesn't reach 100 and dies at 15% does anyone know solution?

k_huat
Rising Star II
musaibmirx

Rog 5 battery stuck at 99 doesn't reach 100 and dies at 15% does anyone know solution?

View post
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52994/phone-shutdown-battery-just-below-20/p1