This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

Fedexp
Star III
I had same problem. After 5 months using my device was dead. I used warranty service and after 29days i got my device back. They replaced motherboard+charge adapter. If i will have 3x times same problem then i will recieve money back. Hopefully will be OK!

kastis84
Star III
Greetings from Poland!
+1 is here 😕
Mine unit just went dead this morning. I wasn't charging it last night. It was working perfectly when I woke up and last time it worked was just a minute before going out to work. I got there in about 10 minutes and discovered my phone not responding to any action. Just turned off and dead.
I got it in early july, but can't remember the MFD; probably around april/may. It was working on a stock ROM, not unlocked, etc.
Thankfully I am using google drive backup, but it still heavily sucks, especially at the end of the year, when companies/services tend not to work at 100% 😕

kastis84
Star III
daniel91m

@HeLLKiTe I have such a conspiracy theory - asus removed screen with information about ramdump. When damaged, there is now only a black screen. Nobody in google now enters the phrase "zenfone 8 ramdmup". Problem solved 🙂

View post
It seems realy legit. Mine just bricked and there wasn't any info on the screen suggesting previously mentioned symptoms of ramdump - just a black, dead screen of a phone not responding to any button combination nor charging.

daniel91m
Rising Star II
kastis84

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/197007#Comment_197007

It seems realy legit. Mine just bricked and there wasn't any info on the screen suggesting previously mentioned symptoms of ramdump - just a black, dead screen of a phone not responding to any button combination nor charging.

View post
and what newcomer will find this thread in this forum? hmm?

kastis84
Star III
daniel91m

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/198465#Comment_198465

and what newcomer will find this thread in this forum? hmm?

View post
I'm coming out of shock slowly 😉
Actually, the biggest problem for me is the potential loss of some data which google do not backup automaticaly from the device, and a lot of configuration waiting for me after the repair (which I realy, realy HATE doing).