This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Vivobook S15 S532 - Windows 11 - BSOD occurring when laptop is put in Sleep mode

adarsh76
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Vivobook S15 S532
Frequency of occurrence: Continuous
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Cannot post due to the nature of defect
========================
Detailed description: Laptop is getting restarted after a Blue Screen error when it is put in Sleep Mode. I shared the MiniDump file generated in Windows folder to a member of Microsoft Community. It was analyzed and found to be a problem with the sound driver Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio that is part of the Intel Iris Xe Graphics display adapter.
I had connected Logitech HM370 headset which uses this Sound Driver when the laptop was put in Sleep mode. If I remove the headset and put the system in Sleep Mode then the issue does not occur.
Seems the Sound Driver of Intel needs to be updated for Windows 11.
Please advice.
10 REPLIES 10

Falcon_ASUS
adarsh76
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Vivobook S15 S532
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Continuous
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video: Cannot post due to the nature of defect

========================

Detailed description: Laptop is getting restarted after a Blue Screen error when it is put in Sleep Mode. I shared the MiniDump file generated in Windows folder to a member of Microsoft Community. It was analyzed and found to be a problem with the sound driver Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio that is part of the Intel Iris Xe Graphics display adapter.

I had connected Logitech HM370 headset which uses this Sound Driver when the laptop was put in Sleep mode. If I remove the headset and put the system in Sleep Mode then the issue does not occur.

Seems the Sound Driver of Intel needs to be updated for Windows 11.

Please advice.

Asus Vivobook S15 S532 - Windows 11 - BSOD occurring when laptop is put in Sleep mode
@adarsh76
Will the same situation occur if you connect other headsets?
What is the system version and sound driver version currently in use? Could you provide it as a screenshot?
Thank you.

adarsh76
Star I
Yes, I tried with another USB headset of Sennheiser and the same issue is observed. System and sound version below:
image.png
image.png

Falcon_ASUS
adarsh76

Yes, I tried with another USB headset of Sennheiser and the same issue is observed. System and sound version below:

image.png

image.png

View post
@adarsh76
Could you reconfirm whether the current BIOS version is the latest?
Thank you.

Version 305
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Image/BIOS/102806/ASUS_X532EQ_305_BIOS_Update.exe

adarsh76
Star I
Yes, BIOS version is the latest. Version 305.
All the drivers are up to date as well.
Just FYI.. when I saw Intel website there is an updated display driver version with the below details:
Version:
Release date:
November 11, 2021
However, I haven't installed it from Intel website due to the disclaimer mentioned by Intel as below:
Installing this graphics driver from Intel may remove customizations from your computer manufacturer (OEM).
If a newer graphics driver is available from ASUS or ASUSTEK, we recommend you install that driver instead.