This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Closed Beta

cicagorio
Rising Star II
Has the Android 12 beta started? I registered but didn't get any emails from Asus. Just wondering if it has started already or I should still keep an eye on my mail inbox
7 REPLIES 7

hml2004168
Star II
I think it's started, I've already upgraded to android 12

Aryan202
Community Legend I
hml2004168

I think it's started, I've already upgraded to android 12

View post
So what's the initial review?what changed?notice any improvements or new features?

cicagorio
Rising Star II
I don't think they are allowed to talk about it.

Thanks @hml2004168

Blumi
Rising Star II
flolaff

Hey,

I just installed the beta on my ZF8 and saw that there was no discussion thread about this on the forum.

I'd like to share with you my thoughts so far with the software, as it enabled a fully new experience for me with the phone, and most of the criticism I had before.

-Battery life and heating seems GREATLY improved. Even as I was installing all of my apps, the phone barely got warm and I lost like 15% in 2 hours. For daily use it doesn't get hot at all and I get almost twice the battery life I had before.

-Fingerprint scanner works 3-4 times faster than before. Almost instanteneous, really MUCH better than before. Life-changing.

-A few bugs I had have been fixed (lags when using Youtube's PiP for example).

Overall, this is a very solid improvement to the phone, and I'm very glad I installed it. Didn't really see any major bugs or stability problems, and I got all of the new Android 12 features as well.

The only thing I'd mention as a negative is all of the chinese bloatware that comes with the beta. That was unnecessary.

Even though I've had problems with Asus and a lot of people are complaining here, this time I wanted to congratulate the software team for this very good work that fixes most of the phone's issues.

Please let me know your experience with this beta if you've installed it.

Android 12 beta 2 discussion

There was a thread by @flolaff