This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need more fingerprint stability!

paul_stoichici9
Star II
The zenfone 8 did receive an update to increase fingerprint stability, however it is not enough! Other cheap phones like crap samsungs don't even hiccup when reading a fingerprint, but I have to reposition my finger in 3 directions to register it! This needs to be fixed, leaves a bad experience for a daily user and just makes me wish I'd have stuck to a crappy, cheaper phone that registered fingerprints like a champ
9 REPLIES 9

Blumi
Rising Star II
My fingerprint sensor works fine - even screen protector.

Have you re-registered your fingerprints after the update?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@paul.stoichici99 You can register the same finger(print) twice and see if that improves your results.

paul_stoichici9
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@paul.stoichici99 You can register the same finger(print) twice and see if that improves your results.

View post
I registered the same fingerprint on all 5 slots available, nothing improved. I have tried deleting all and doing it all over again, still no consistency. Sometimes it's lightning quick, other times it just takes its time just to tell me "no match". Must be a software issue, I don't want to think ASUS used cheap fingerprint readers.

paul_stoichici9
Star II
Blumi

My fingerprint sensor works fine - even screen protector.

Have you re-registered your fingerprints after the update?

View post
Yes I have. Multiple times. I will try it once more, in different light settings this time