SMRaul
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Asus rog 5 standard,12g rams
Firmware Version:forgot to check
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Soo i pluged my phone to charge(it had around 50% batery) was texting at the time and noticed the batery jumped from like 55% to 100 and completely died.Tried to turn it back on,the rog logo apeared and after that it died again.Since then i couldn't turn it back on.Dosen't apear to charge on any of the ports also tried fastboot it but nothing helped and the phone keeps getting hotter and hotter to the point i can't keep it in my hand for more then 10 secconds and from its side charger there is a faint smell burn.
The phone keeps getting hotter so i left it on the floor in my bathroom afraid it might blow up and burn up the house(no im not kidding its that hot).
Keep in mind i have phone for 5 days.I will get in contact with the place i bought it from in 2 days (unfortunantely tomorrow ill be at work the entire day)and hopefully ill manage to get a complete refund cuz i don't want to deal with this again and yes unfortunantely its the tencent version.

20 REPLIES 20

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186091#Comment_186091

The fact you keep replying instead of admitting you didnt bother reading the post writing even more nonsense is beyond me.

Lets start with the obvious:

charging with 18Watts and playing genshin impact will still charge, the power consumption of the phone in genshin impact provided it doesnt throttle (which it does) is around 9-12watts depending on where you are in the game. Do the math. Unless you have slow charge on, which charges at 10watts, the phone will not discharge, goes to show you don't know what you're talking about.

Also to demonstrate your pathethic attempt to talk yourself out of it:

oo i pluged my phone to charge(it had around 50% batery) was texting at the time and noticed the batery jumped from like 55% to 100 and completely died.

I already made it very clear with my previous post how the IC chip is the culprit. The fact you try to talk by misleading despite being pointed towards multiple massive flaws in your logic is hilarious. You dodge whatever you can and try to somehow give what you write meaning despite you just failing more and more.

I suggest you just stop at this point as it's very clear you still haven't been bothered to read OP's text and seem incapable of admitting you just couldn't be bothered to read it in the first place. Not to mention you suggest to attempt to charge a shorted phone is one of the dumbest thing you can do in the first place.

So for the love of god, stop replying, you're not only making a massive fool out of yourself but you also just spam the forum with nonsense.

View post
Give the experiment a go and tell me what you get, please don't assume things 🙂 Don't worry about me.
You still don't get my point. Like I have said, I faced the majority of symptoms you have mentioned, still charges fine.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186188#Comment_186188

Give the experiment a go and tell me what you get, please don't assume things 🙂 Don't worry about me.

You still don't get my point. Like I have said, I faced the majority of symptoms you have mentioned, still charges fine.

View post
I already did and it charges for me.
You have no point, all you have is your pathethic attempt to talk yourself out of a hopeless situation, once again you dodged everything I mentioned and I will still ask you to stop attempting to justify for your previous replies and misleading content as it's getting quite embarresing at this point.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186193#Comment_186193

I already did and it charges for me.

You have no point, all you have is your pathethic attempt to talk yourself out of a hopeless situation, once again you dodged everything I mentioned and I will still ask you to stop attempting to justify for your previous replies and misleading content as it's getting quite embarresing at this point.

View post
Don't know why yours can charge better then, must be the IC chip is going for the ones don't get enough charge :')
Your points still doesn't proof it's the IC chip though. I have nothing to be embarrassed about. Well I guess we will speak again later then 😂
Have a great day!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186194#Comment_186194

Don't know why yours can charge better then, must be the IC chip is going for the ones don't get enough charge :')

Your points still doesn't proof it's the IC chip though. I have nothing to be embarrassed about. Well I guess we will speak again later then 😂

Have a great day!

View post
You have everything to be embarresed about since you blatenly ignored OP's post and just reponded with an advice that is a potential fire hazard. I wasnt the only one who said it either, bike and greek came to the same conclusion based on evidence.
I know you're trying to be ironic here but it's actually true, if your IC doesnt tell the charger to charge at 9v2AMP it wont charge at 18W, instead if will charge at 5A 2A which is 10W, but I don't really expect you to do any thorough investiation on this given the replies you have provided in this very topic.

SMRaul
Star I
As an update with the phone,i contacted the seller and becouse it still was in the 12 days return period i got a full refund and in the next few days i will send the☹️ phone back.
As a continuation,i left the phone in my bathroom on the floor ,that night, and by the time i woke up in the morning it cooled off. Still didn,t charge or start and not even the fastboot worked so its safe to say the phone is busted. Bumped down with this defect and unfortunantely i don't think im gona buy a nother one untill i see some improvements done to the phone ,if there are going to be any.
Until it died the phone performed flawlessly.