Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Vegirot

@Nilesh9797 they just told it's a software issue and not a hardware one, and thus it will be fixed soon

View post
Don't give false hope bro
They won't ask you to replace your motherboard if they can fix it with software update
Motherboard is expensive and you can multiply it to how much they already spend their money to replace motherboard
let's assume a motherboard $100 then if 1000 user replace their motherboard then how much they must suffer?
They won't spend that much money to replace all of rog 5 user motherboard if they can fix it with software update which is much cheaper than replace it

Vegirot
Star III
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185127#Comment_185127

Don't give false hope bro

They won't ask you to replace your motherboard if they can fix it with software update

Motherboard is expensive and you can multiply it to how much they already spend their money to replace motherboard

let's assume a motherboard $100 then if 1000 user replace their motherboard then how much they must suffer?

They won't spend that much money to replace all of rog 5 user motherboard if they can fix it with software update which is much cheaper than replace it

View post
I got call recording for reference

Nilesh9797
Star III
@krnapj could you please share your software version and please let us know any new problems after the motherboard change? I have waited long for software update. Could you please help me with this?

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Vegirot

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185213#Comment_185213

I got call recording for reference

View post
Share it so ASUS won't be able to avoid when you say it's software issue