Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Nilesh9797
Star III
Hi @Vegirot , what have they said? Is they are going to fix it with OTA update or we have to replace motherboards?

Vegirot
Star III
@Nilesh9797 they just told it's a software issue and not a hardware one, and thus it will be fixed soon

ig_NxVeM
Star III
Vegirot

@Nilesh9797 they just told it's a software issue and not a hardware one, and thus it will be fixed soon

View post
Ayye it's cool to see that they're aware

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184968#Comment_184968

So this basicially confirms we got the same scenario as the Mi 11 ultra where there are bad batches where the wifi will commit sudoku.

At least that means that after a replacement it shouldnt happen again. Guess TSMC had a bad workday

View post
So this issue is not only isolated yo rog 5 but also to xaomi mi11?

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
Vegirot

Just now I had a talk with customer care, they confirmed that it's a software issue

View post
I did wnt to servie center the other day, downgraded the software to .86, stilk the issue is the same