cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Tint and Black Crush Issue

Pervage
Rising Star II
Hello Everyone,
How many of ROG 3 uses are facing Red Tint and Black Crush Issues?
@Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @tit or Any other Devs can answer this question - Is going to Asus Service Centre Fix this issue? I already replaced my phone twice and the issue is with the replacement piece also.

30 REPLIES 30

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jesp.r

Sorry, when I said "no trace", I meant "now". I know there was a kernel for A10. I meant there is no sign of him now. Sorry if you don't understand me well, I use Google treanslator. At no time have I questioned your work, I know that your kernel is true and exists, I have never doubted that. I joined your discord, and read the reasons. But what I can't understand is why other kernels are published openly and yours is not .. xda is full of kernels .. What I am trying to say is that unfortunately, all of us who have a rog3 have the same problem and I I really appreciate your work, but I think it's not good for you to talk so much about your kernel when the rest of us can't test it in any way. That's what I mean when I say put yourself in our shoes. I am very sorry if my words have offended you, it was not my intention.

View post
The main reason I mention it so that people know it's a software issue and not hardware issue. You should have seen the forums a couple of months ago where everyone screamed "DEFECTIVE SCREEN, HARDWARE PROBLEM, UNFIXABLE!!!!" etc. I want the community to push ASUS to make an update for everyone not only for those who want to take the risk installing a custom kernel.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
I understand you perfectly. Hopefully so and Asus provides a solution once and for all .. Although to be honest .. I think the only solution will be your kernel .. Asus will not fix this problem.

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184758#Comment_184758

Thats literally what I said, while it's not as obvious as on the Rog3 it still exists. Only the rog3 and Oneplus 8 pro (which has a samsung panel btw) have been miscalibrated so badly by pixelworks that they boosted the colorbanding to a very noticable level.

Not true, old OLED's are a lot worse. They were more consistent, but much worse in every single way. When I look at the S5 here and compare with my calibrated rog3, I can without a shred of doubt say that the difference in picture quality is massive. The S5 looks like trash compared to my Rog3.

I call bs on your entire statement. Not only is the greyscale completely off on the S7, but it also isnt even capable of HDR content. There is absolutely no way in hell that both look even similair. Hell given how badly the stock screen has been calibrated I wouldnt be surprised if the S7 looks better.

View post
Oh yes, outside Hdr contents (like The Avengers end game trailer) the galaxy s7 screen looks A LOT better, while in Hdr contents (like Costa Rica in 4k 60 fps video) colours are exactly the same.
I think that by using your kernel copied by oneplus you forgot how is a rog phone 3 for real.
And normal people that spend 1000€ for a phone wants Fota Updates solving everything, not installing the kernel of an unknown guy on the web.
The best advice is to buy another gaming phone.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
simo97.codega

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184761#Comment_184761

Oh yes, outside Hdr contents (like The Avengers end game trailer) the galaxy s7 screen looks A LOT better, while in Hdr contents (like Costa Rica in 4k 60 fps video) colours are exactly the same.

I think that by using your kernel copied by oneplus you forgot how is a rog phone 3 for real.

And normal people that spend 1000€ for a phone wants Fota Updates solving everything, not installing the kernel of an unknown guy on the web.

View post
Initial version was copied from OnePlus , but after that he created his own from asus source code 👍
Not taking anyone's side , just stating correct info..

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
simo97.codega

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184761#Comment_184761

View post
absolutely correct, I couldn't agree more.

while in Hdr contents (like Costa Rica in 4k 60 fps video) colours are exactly the same.
doubt it, the HDR content of the Rog3 has a certain tint to it, not only that but it overbrightens it. It should look worse than the S7.

also as saiffudin was saying, the oneplus code is history, I have my own dynamic profiling system.