cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Tint and Black Crush Issue

Pervage
Rising Star II
Hello Everyone,
How many of ROG 3 uses are facing Red Tint and Black Crush Issues?
@Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @tit or Any other Devs can answer this question - Is going to Asus Service Centre Fix this issue? I already replaced my phone twice and the issue is with the replacement piece also.

30 REPLIES 30

Pervage
Rising Star II
Hi @Danishblunt I have used earlier super amoled display.i never seen these issues. Is it beacuse of display used in ROG 3 phone?
And I have raised the issue to CEO desk of asus they told I need to visit service centre. My question is it Hardware issue?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Pervage

Hi @Danishblunt I have used earlier super amoled display.i never seen these issues. Is it beacuse of display used in ROG 3 phone?

And I have raised the issue to CEO desk of asus they told I need to visit service centre. My question is it Hardware issue?

View post
No its purely software and visiting the service center will do nothing.

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183658#Comment_183658

Except colorbanding, black crush and green tint being signature of a typical samsung panel. It's very common for samsung phones to have these issues, however, the rog3 and op8 pro took this to the extreme thanks to pixelworks failure of a calibration.

View post
Strange because on the samsung phones I see there is no visible issues, while every single rog phone has it lol.
Maybe also samsung have black crush but is not a problem as long as you CAN'T see it.
Let's say Asus is just scamming his costumers on the rog phone official website, saying phone has hdr10+... then my old galaxy s7 is 4K Hdr200+ in comparison

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
simo97.codega

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184127#Comment_184127

Strange because on the samsung phones I see there is no visible issues, while every single rog phone has it lol.

Maybe also samsung have black crush but is not a problem as long as you CAN'T see it.

Let's say Asus is just scamming his costumers on the rog phone official website, saying phone has hdr10+... then my old galaxy s7 is 4K Hdr200+ in comparison

View post
Only the rog3 suffers from colorbanding, the rog2 has black crush issues, meaning on low brightness dark details dissapear and get black.
Here is an example of the S10 with colorbanding (which people still call black crush for whatever reason) and green tint:
dxm5ffk.jpg

Here the S20 Ultra:
s20u-green1-6.jpg

As I said, it's not uncommon, even on samsung phones. However on the Rog3 it's just more extreme. Also HDR 10 is correct, the display is absolutely capable or HDR and it looks very nice, once the screen is properly calibrated. As long ASUS doesn't get pixelworks to fix this issue, the screen will always cause issues due to miscalibration.

Pervage
Rising Star II
@simo97.codega maybe asus devs are thinking users will connect phone with their brains thats why they don't focus on display 😂
Samsung is known for its display quality. Thats why you can't see that much issue on display side of samsung.