cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Tint and Black Crush Issue

Pervage
Rising Star II
Hello Everyone,
How many of ROG 3 uses are facing Red Tint and Black Crush Issues?
@Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @tit or Any other Devs can answer this question - Is going to Asus Service Centre Fix this issue? I already replaced my phone twice and the issue is with the replacement piece also.

30 REPLIES 30

pindiwolf
Star I
please asus..,to fix black crush issue, this is so suck

pindiwolf
Star I
pindiwolf

please asus..,to fix black crush issue, this is so suck

View post
im user rog phone 3

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
Black Crush is not a feature of Amoled, it's a feature of rog phones, Samsung has no black crush...

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183370#Comment_183370

As long as you use a OLED phone I doubt those issues will "disappear" per se

It's just the tech

View post
except my custom kernel eliminates both. I have neither red tint nor color banding. It's due to OLED panels being a pain to calibrate. If you want to ensure all phones have 0 red tint and 0 color banding you'd have to manually calibrate every single one of them, and it doesn't stop there, you'll need a multiple calibrations based on brightness and refreshrate which has to dynamicly switch based on situation. It's a pain, I'll tell you that much.
I tested this with people and my custom kernel, all had colorbanding 95 - 100% gone, some had no red tint, others had slight red tint and 1 guy had massive red tint.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
simo97.codega

Black Crush is not a feature of Amoled, it's a feature of rog phones, Samsung has no black crush...

View post
Except colorbanding, black crush and green tint being signature of a typical samsung panel. It's very common for samsung phones to have these issues, however, the rog3 and op8 pro took this to the extreme thanks to pixelworks failure of a calibration.