Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakers quality 2104.56 vs 2106.86 firmware

pesterevyasha
Rising Star I

ROG5
2104.56 now
Not rooted
Dear ROG5 developers, please return the deep sound, as it was last time in the 56 firmware. I sat on 86 for almost a week and felt degrade the quality, came back to 56, heard that perfect sound.
28 REPLIES 28

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180064#Comment_180064

If you flash it then you will lose all of your data including your firmware

Then you must install firmware manually or automatically if you have wi-fi

How come they don't allow you to downgrade?

View post
Apparently you only lose data if you downgrade to a lower android version. In this case I simply want to roll back to a older firmware & not a older android version.
I have no idea why they don't show us how to downgrade 😞

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@pesterevyasha @waxy78611
Let's continue the discussion in this thread since it's the newest one mentioning speaker quality.
I just compared two devices, one that's on 2106.86 firmware and one that was on the firmware we launched on, several iterations before 2104.57 firmware. They sounded identical to me.
I also checked with the sound team and they confirmed that the speaker changes introduced with 2104.57 was reverted with 2106.86 and that .86 should be identical to the .56 version.
I'm not saying that you don't hear a difference, but have you put two devices side by side and compared? As I said, sound quality was identical for me.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Gustav_ASUS

Let's continue the discussion in this thread since it's the newest one mentioning speaker quality.

I just compared two devices, one that's on 2106.86 firmware and one that was on the firmware we launched on, several iterations before 2104.57 firmware. They sounded identical to me.

I also checked with the sound team and they confirmed that the speaker changes introduced with 2104.57 was reverted with 2106.86 and that .86 should be identical to the .56 version.

I'm not saying that you don't hear a difference, but have you put two devices side by side and compared? As I said, sound quality was identical for me.

View post
Unfortunately I don't have 2 Rog 5's. I can only compare with Rog 3 & by other users feedback. The bass definitely isn't as good as it was. The bass originally was as good as the Rog 3 or better. Regarding loudness, I'm certain that a significant amount of users reported that the sound has been slightly decreased in terms of maximum volume output

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Gustav_ASUS

View post
You mentioned that the change with .57 updated was reverted with .86 update, can you definitely confirm if the revert is exactly the same as .47 & older firmwares ?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Both bass levels and overall loudness sounded identical to me.
Yes, the changes introduced with .57 are simply not there in .86 so that version should be the same as .56 and before.