Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Swister
Star II
I am also not able to turn on WiFi or hotspot. In hotspot is shows error. Since many face this issue it's clearly a bug. Please solve it on your next update. Wifi and hotspot are important features. Hope the fix is coming soon. Thnx

Wifi is not getting on.. plzz help..

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
punitbhojwani8597

Wifi is not getting on.. plzz help..

View post
Your motherboard is the problem
Bring it to service center

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182288#Comment_182288

Your motherboard is the problem

Bring it to service center

View post
Don't know why Asus don't have courage to come forward and accept this issue. Users are getting frustrated with no official information about this. Maybe this move of Asus will end up with loss of 1000s of current and future users. I think they are ready to lose customers but not utter a word.

vrshankar0000
Star III
ZT-83edda0e

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182303#Comment_182303

Don't know why Asus don't have courage to come forward and accept this issue. Users are getting frustrated with no official information about this. Maybe this move of Asus will end up with loss of 1000s of current and future users. I think they are ready to lose customers but not utter a word.

View post
But I think addressing this issue via official press release is the best thing to gain the trust of users and gain many more. Nobody wants to buy a product of a brand that refuses to serve users after-sales. And now with the release of Zenfone 8 and ROG phones and laptops, the best thing ASUS should do is to accept the mistake and assure the users.