cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls from sim 1 after update in Rog 5

Kamal7hydra
Star I
Hello Team,

After the recent update I am unable to make or receive calls from sim 1. I can use the internet, see network strength it's all good but the incoming and out going fails. I reset network settings, rebooted the phone but the issue persist . When I switch the sim to ssim tray 2 , it works. What's going on here? Did you guys cripple sim 1 tray??

48 REPLIES 48

FunBike31
Community Legend I
It may be useful to test these other points
roaming is enabled, test with disabled
5G enabled, test with 5G SA Mode disabled if you had it enabled
Automatic aggregation of LTE carriers, test with disabled and enabled

parac1oX
Star II
FunBike31

@parac1oX

Yes you are right your problem is the same but my answer was for his original post where he makes no reference to WoLTE or WoWifi just call sim1 nonok, sim2 ok and his last post on tech skills.

You could perhaps try VoLTE on the SIM2, all the files concerned have parameters specific to each SIM, if it works with the SIM2, it is likely that the update .86 is involved. the parameters of the files concerned would be different or incorrectly read.

You could also turn off your phone (check that the WIFI is ON before), remove the SIM (both if you have 2) and turn on the phone again.

After a few minutes, with the phone on, insert the SIM card then go see / configure the settings of the SIM card and give us a feedback.

View post

Hi there,
thanks for the fast response! :)😊
So, I tried doing the latter, turning on and off with only wifi, no sim, then inserting after some time. Ddidnt change anything. - Btw IMS menu is confirming its not working/registered:

sim-slot-1.jpg

Then I inserted the sim into sim slot 2 - and yup. At least VoLTE instantly worked. But only VoLTE, not VoWifi - which in fact HAD been working right after my initial setup. Confirmed in in IMS menu:

sim-slot-2.jpg

Btw of course I re-checked my sim with my old phone and BOTH volte and vowifi are still working perfectly on it! 🙄
so, in the end I have a phone that only works with VoLTE, not wifi, and only with 1 sim slot, and its even the 2nd one... This has to absolutely be some sort of software/firmware related thing then, right? But how can I/we file this so ASUS development department actually recognizes it as relevant bug? 😐

I am not willing to send in my brand new phone to technical support for days/weeks, where they will just test with some completely different sim from a different carrier (even different country maybe) which then maybe just works, but it does not solve my situation.

parac1oX
Star II
FunBike31

It may be useful to test these other points

roaming is enabled, test with disabled

5G enabled, test with 5G SA Mode disabled if you had it enabled

Automatic aggregation of LTE carriers, test with disabled and enabled

View post
yes i tried all of these on/off already! Nothing helped, also - sim slot2 works (for volte) at least with everyhting set to default aswell 😕

FunBike31
Community Legend I
it is likely that by putting the new files to activate VoLTE for more operators and countries on the .86 firmware, Asus is entering different data with the SIM1 and SIM2 functionalities 😞
However, I have the confirmation that before the update .86 of the English users did not have VoLTE and that the .86 activated it, on the sim1.
the bug could be on a dynamic setting of the tel.
On Mobile Network, SIM1, disable automaticaly select Network and see if you can choose another network and select it. do not forget to put it back in the car after the tests.
If you haven't already, try changing the phone's language to English (us) for a few tests.
If there is still no VoLTE or VoWifi on the sim1, as the factory reset did not give anything, there is a solution to download the firmware and do the manual update (a link has been given on the post wifi problems) this is done without compromising the warranty, unlike Root which would be the ultimate solution if Asus does not provide a solution without returning the phone to support.

parac1oX
Star II
FunBike31

it is likely that by putting the new files to activate VoLTE for more operators and countries on the .86 firmware, Asus is entering different data with the SIM1 and SIM2 functionalities 😞

However, I have the confirmation that before the update .86 of the English users did not have VoLTE and that the .86 activated it, on the sim1.

the bug could be on a dynamic setting of the tel.

On Mobile Network, SIM1, disable automaticaly select Network and see if you can choose another network and select it. do not forget to put it back in the car after the tests.

If you haven't already, try changing the phone's language to English (us) for a few tests.

If there is still no VoLTE or VoWifi on the sim1, as the factory reset did not give anything, there is a solution to download the firmware and do the manual update (a link has been given on the post wifi problems) this is done without compromising the warranty, unlike Root which would be the ultimate solution if Asus does not provide a solution without returning the phone to support.

View post

soo. first let me thank you a lot for the extensive stuff you try to help with! 😊 although it seems that in the end unfortunately its not working.

I tried fiddling with all the settings - 5G/carrier aggregation/sa mode etc. on and off. switching to to "manual network selection" - although i am not sure what you mean, because I then can obviously only select the one same specific carrier my sim is tied too (Deutsche Telekom). 🤔
Also my system language was set to english (us) all the time before, I just specifically switched to german for the screenshots above. Although I cannot see how this would in any way make a difference, but still, I tried both.
As for the "manual update" - I am not exactly sure what you mean? Did you mean "downgrade" to the original vanilla firmware the phone came with?