Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
venkatrockstar7090

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180336#Comment_180336

Issue got fixed for you?. I'm also facing this issue from today morning

View post
Not yet. Even after escalating to Twitter multiple times and mentioned MD Dinesh Sharma, no body cares to have a look. Worst and pathetic experience after purchasing flagship device. Motherboard replacement is not a solution, it's just a workaround. Many users reported, after motherboard replacement, bug hits the wifi drivers again and you have to go for motherboard replacement again.

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
It seems to be issue with with Asus Chip fabrication unit. You have to replace motherboard every time when wifi drivers can't be loaded.

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
Asus have released ROG Phone 5 with faulty hardware and it's coming from Chip fabrication unit. It stop loading wifi drivers into system and multiple user even tried to replace motherboard but it's just a workaround. After few days wifi stopped working again then again you have to go motherboard replacement. With this trick of motherhood replacement you are good to run this faulty product for 1 year until waranty expires and then throw out to garbage. I have escalated this issue to Asus India and Dinesh Sharma over Twitter multiple times but it seems they are busy with printing money by selling this faulty product to more and more users and then go for long struggle and no after sales service or even a single press release to admit this issue.

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
Even all moderators from Asus side are silent in this forum because Asus management has put money in their mouth to not provide any solution or even admit the existence on this issue. Good Luck all Asus moderators, soon you don't require to be here if users won't exist.

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
What all these moderators are for:
CH_ASUSARP_ASUSFalcon_ASUSChristine_ASUSGustav_ASUSfussion_ASUSIrene2_ASUSAre they here to see all these comments and laugh to all the users as foolish to trust their brand.