Speed_Rebirth
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: .86
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Once in a While
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): org.codeaurora.ims
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Today I'm facing a huge battery drainage. I don't know the reason some app called org.codeaurora.ims is draining battery like hell 8% battery brain in 10 minutes.

Please suggest me a solution for this issue.
Please find the attachment.
20 REPLIES 20

waxy78611
Zen Master I
chi8104

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: .86
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Once in a While
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): org.codeaurora.ims

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Today I'm facing a huge battery drainage. I don't know the reason some app called org.codeaurora.ims is draining battery like hell 8% battery brain in 10 minutes.

screenshot-20210801-222512676.jpg

screenshot-20210801-222825477.jpg

Please suggest me a solution for this issue.

Please find the attachment.

Huge Huge Battery Drainage
It's bloatware
Try to clear cache, clear data & force stop.
If that doesn't work & If possible go under Settings> Applications> Application Manager> Show System Apps (If needed)> Click the app that fits that link> Uninstall. If you can't uninstall then Disable.

If you can't uninstall or disable then simply uninstall via ADB.

Speed_Rebirth
Star III
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51361/huge-huge-battery-drainage

It's bloatware

Try to clear cache, clear data & force stop.

If that doesn't work & If possible go under Settings> Applications> Application Manager> Show System Apps (If needed)> Click the app that fits that link> Uninstall. If you can't uninstall then Disable.

If you can't uninstall or disable then simply uninstall via ADB.

View post
Sir I'm not able to disable this bloatware.
It's just force stopped.
Can you help me out how to use ADB to remove this application?
I haven't tried ADB yet.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
chi8104

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/179298#Comment_179298

It's just force stopped.

I haven't tried ADB yet.

View post
You can use adb with PC
You can search tutorial for it at mbah google

waxy78611
Zen Master I
chi8104

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/179298#Comment_179298

It's just force stopped.

I haven't tried ADB yet.

View post
Phone Setup
Launch the Settings application on your phone.
Tap the About Phone option generally near the bottom of the list.
Then tap the Build Number option 7 times to enable Developer Mode. You will see a toast message when it is done.
Now go back to the main Settings screen and you should see a new Developer Options menu you can access.
Go in there and enable the USB Debugging mode option.
allow usb debugging prompt on Android
You are partially done with the phone setup process. Next up, you will need to scroll below and follow the rest of the instructions for your particular operating system.

Download the Android SDK Platform Tools ZIP file for Windows
Extract the contents of this ZIP file into an easily accessible folder (such as C:\platform-tools)
Open Windows explorer and browse to where you extracted the contents of this ZIP file
Then open up a Command Prompt from the same directory as this ADB binary. This can be done by holding Shift and Right-clicking within the folder then click the “Open command window here” option. (Some Windows 10 users may see “PowerShell” instead of “command window”.)
Connect your smartphone or tablet to your computer with a USB cable. Change the USB mode to “file transfer (MTP)” mode. Some OEMs may or may not require this, but it’s best to just leave it in this mode for general compatibility.
In the Command Prompt window, enter the following command to launch the ADB daemon: adb devices
On your phone’s screen, you should see a prompt to allow or deny USB Debugging access. Naturally, you will want to grant USB Debugging access when prompted (and tap the always allow check box if you never want to see that prompt again).
Finally, re-enter the command from step #6. If everything was successful, you should now see your device’s serial number in the command prompt (or the PowerShell window).

Download package names from app store. Locate the exact file name of the app which is causing issue. It will usually start with com.google.android or com.android
Once you've located the exact file name with the package names app, enter the follow command
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 (ENTER FILE NAME)

You can uninstall any app using this method however I recommend you don't remove system apps as there's a chance your phone will get bricked and you'll have to reflash firmware